FedEx earnings show early signs of bad coming

Discussion in 'Other News' started by micah2n, Dec 30, 2019.

1. micah2n

micah2n Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bry

Bry Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2013
    the main thing that is hurting Fed Ex so badly is that Amazon, probably their top customer, doesn't need them anymore: they are running their own Prime trucks now, which you can see everywhere;

Also, you can expect the stock market to keep going up until Trump gets reelected, then it should take a breather in 2021

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Memphis is Fedex among other things at the airport there. Some parts of each week, that airport has more air coming and going than anyplace in the Free World with the possible exception of Atlanta and Ramstien etc.

Fed Ex and others like them will be around for sometime yet, I usually have my online computer parts flown to Little Rock overnight from the west coast (City of Industry to be specific)

Yesterday when at a state office I witnessed a Union Pacific Pacer Stacktrain Which is their main Container service west coast to east coast land bridge style. These trains usually had about 150 container well cars backed by four AC engines producing sufficient horsepower to keep the whole thing at close to 80 mph.

However yesterday it was just a little single locomotive of very high horsepower rolling about oh 35 well cars, over 70% were carrying just a single container instead of the normal two. To me that is a evidence of how bad things have gotten in freighting around the USA They usually have those trains up to twice a day if not more some days and it is their flagship freight service so to speak. To see it reduced to just a bare minimum all out and only doing 60 because it's only one engine to save the railroad expenses pulling that greatly emaciated tonnage which was a shadow of what it once was in those days.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  5. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

All I know is, I ran out of money in 2019 and my goal for 2020 is paying off credit cards.

Considering the insane rates creditors charge I'm sure there will be plenty of buying power in Delaware. (Which is where many credit card companies are based)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.