Feeling this year?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Largecar359, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    What is your feeling on how things are going this year and in future? I'm talking rate wise. My feeling is not very warm and fuzzy with outside freight. Did one load outside of my account and it was not very good. The load was fine but it took a lot of work to find it and it was still coming up short on the rate even after pulling out all the tricks. Winter is traditionally slow but this year seems like it's not gonna be a happy time in spot markets. Your thoughts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    No change here, I'm on par with last year. My rates are the same year round, only adjust fuel surcharge with the rise & fall of the price of fuel.

Was very busy Feb. & March with all the furniture for the new KW building here in Phx.-now it is at the normal level.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    From your posts it seems like you are working for the same customer and in every thread you post (seems like bragging) on how stable your work is. Yet, mostly everybody talks about spot market freight, which is not relevant to your situation.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I think this year and next is gonna be like this, things gonna start improving after the Putin gets knocked down and oil prices start climbing

6. Largecar359

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I was talking about the spot market freight. I don't do it often, and judging from what I've seen. I think it will be better to stay away.

7. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Any thoughts on which of the candidates running for president will have the worst / best effect on the economy and trucking?

Adam

8. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Vote for Bernie, then everything will be free and you won't have to work, if you do work he will take 90% so why bother.

77fib77, ironmule, MJ1657 and 8 others Thank this.
  9. Largecar359

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    I don't think any will have an immediate effect for us, at least not in a positive way. The industry has been getting poisoned for years, finally seeing the result. Transportation is always the first thing any company looks to trim when budgeting. just seems like our industry is at a very low point right now. Lower then usual, but if guys are happy pulling freight for 1$ a mile then that's what freight will move for, it's simple why pay more when someone does for less.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  10. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not bragging at all, just saying the economy is not as bad as everyone is saying.
    When people stop buying furniture, then you know the economy is bad. Flyingmusician said the same a few months ago, they're busy and trying to hire new drivers, I'm staying bust with my run-and hey, I get a new customer every once in a while. lol

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  11. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    I heard an ad for him. Sounds like we'll have it made if we vote for him. Lots of free stuff.
    To heck for working for it. Let's take it from the rich folks.
    Seriously, I'll work for mine. Just like I've always done it. Just like you guys. You wouldn't be driving a truck if you weren't willing to do what's necessary to pay your own way.

Oxbow and fordconvert Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.