Female Drivers: Solo or Team

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jellybean13, Apr 4, 2020.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Sorry to hear about your loss, got to shake you up. I wouldn't team if my life depended on it, and it does. I'd have to sleep with one eye open. Teams rarely work out. One driver, with quirks all their own is enough, much less 2. Tell you one thing, teaming like you remember it with the husband, is not the same thing. Go it alone, really. Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    Just a warning I read on here i think that a team/trainer at knight I think was charged with sexual assault and more. So make sure you packing if you do.....

4. Jellybean13

Jellybean13 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2019
    Texas
    Thank you for all of your input. I am definitely concerned with teaming with an individual I don't know. I am also concerned with being alone as a newbie driver. If I go solo or team, I definitely will be packing legally.

Coffey and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    With a CB radio, you're never alone,,,or that's how it used to be. Women drivers have an instant connection with other women drivers, and O/O's will be your best help. Don't hang around company drivers, many are pissed off for one reason or another, but O/O's are there because they want to be. While I think a gun nowadays, for a woman is not a bad idea, try and avoid places that you might need that. I've found, you show a gun, the perp shows a bigger gun. Remember, we at TTR are here to help, don't be afraid to ask. No question is stupid.

Sirscrapntruckalot and Coffey Thank this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    One single female driver I knew had a 130 pound Rottweiler. Yes the dog was bigger than her. The dog was a real sweetheart, but very protective.

Sirscrapntruckalot, 12 ga and Coffey Thank this.
  7. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    How long have you been driving?

8. Jellybean13

Jellybean13 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2019
    Texas
    Not long... I'm a newbie. I had just completed my training with the company and we were out on our first load without the trainer.

Coffey Thanks this.
  9. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    I would go solo then . Sorry for your lost

Coffey Thanks this.
  10. Stone Express

Stone Express Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I teamed when I first started trucking 47 years ago, but like others have posted, never again.

In 2016, I went back to driving for 14 months after I lost my wife, to cancer.

Many stated that I needed to be around people, but I think being alone most of the time and working so much ( I was in most of the states in that time) helped me. It is probably easier to mask the pain when around others.

All the thanks to Jesus Christ of course.

Numb and piston865 Thank this.
  11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    You were out on your 1st load and your husband passed away? Yikes, that's creepy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.