Female Student Needs Honest Opinions

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lilsister, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BigRedBigRig

BigRedBigRig Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Exactly. He pretended like she wasn't there and wasn't courteous enough to even answer her question. Rude. His company should be embarrassed!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Lilsister, any updates? We miss you!

4. full speed

full speed Heavy Load Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Los angeles CA.
    Ok with those words being said, I'd haft say this, this is a show me type industry you really don't get respect out there you haft to earn it. Don't expect doors to be opened for you.
    Try to think hard about what you would say are work ethics, as this is not the office.

For instance I'd seen this chick from Prime the other day .As we were both about to pick up are loads at the same time right. Both being hook and drops.

I went to get mine prepped before I got hooked, puting my load locks in and bracing them and doing all my L'calls before backing in under the trlr. As I did that, she was already pulling away.

wooptie doo.
    After I got hooked up, did my walk around I was ready to go.

The only thing was I couldn't do jack squat couse prime was sitting at the gate, blocking me in.

I couldn't figure out why she was taking so long. I just noticed the guard standing at the back of here trailer waiting for here.

And I mean she was sitting theire for a long ### time.

Finaly she comes to the back of the trlr with here load locks in hand, and she just stands there for a bit I guess expecting the guard also a female to open the doors for her.
    Finaly she has a little his fit gets pissed off and throughs here load locks to the ground and then starts to open the doors.

The whole time I'm waiting to get out. It's been around five minuts now and I'm still waiting to pull up into the exit as my load has been ready and rebin to go.

And I'll tell you this place we were at gets messed up.
    You'll have all kinds of trucks crouding each other, manuvering to grab a spot to exit, back or what ever. The place gets bad.

This was no time to be expecting to get pamperd.Rather a time to do your job and do it respectively. Had I lost my place to exit do to her work ethics, I would or been pissed. Luck'lly it was'nt that buzzy, at that moment. But if it was.

So look, wene your out there try to keep that in mind. The way I see it is if you can't open your doors , or do you job properlly in respects to others. You shouldnt even be theire.

Try to think about what your doing as your doing your job and how it might affect others.

Any real trucker will be quick to notice, and that's how you earn respect.
    As this lady had lost all my mine, as she left me hanging at the gate.

And that's not just for females but any truckers out the but namely you rookies.

As this industry has taken a ####. I do not have a lot of respect for others out there.
    But rather I see them as a bunch of four wheelers in a big truck or just stupid kids who'v gotten a CDL.

All you got to do is listen to some of the stupid shet they say.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  5. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    Just remember-Truck Driving is a thinking job! When you quit thinking, that's when you will encounter trouble. Learning the truck driving game is no different than any other profession. You just jump in and start playing and except the fact that you're going to make mistakes. And that's ok as long as you learn from them. Don't worry about the other drivers. Truck drivers come in all different shapes and sizes. The only one you have to live with everyday is you. Ask questions too. Keep an open mind when talking to other drivers. Just because a driver has a few wrinkles, doesn't mean they were earned in a truck. I recommend alternative parking places like Walmart if at all possible. I only fuel and shower at truck stops when OTR. Of course, I haul cars and my company puts us in hotels nightly when not at home. Let me know if you have any other questions and I will try and help. Good Luck
    davebflying@yahoo.com

6. Tillytrucking

Tillytrucking Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2021

7. Tillytrucking

Tillytrucking Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2021
    I’m an owner operator my if you want to chat

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2021
    Reason for edit: Remove phone number
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Ummm, you do know that she hasn’t been on this site since 2012, don’t you?

9. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Hey.... it's only been 8 1/2 years. My # is 867-5309. Ask for Jenny.

10. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I wonder what happened to her? I just read through all 27 pages of this thread to get caught up and find out it's like a book that has had the last couple of chapters torn out.

11. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Don't you love it! Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.