female trainers?

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Tragic Magic, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Tragic Magic

Tragic Magic Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Albertville Alabama
    Does USA have female trainers? I was turned down by Millis and Prime because they didn't have any female trainers. I'm waiting on a callback from Watkins Shepard that sounds real promising but from Alabama to Montana is a long way to travel to go to school. I've talked to a recruiter from Driver Solutions to go to their Newport school in Arkansas and he said he didn't see a problem with getting me into school that I should give him a call 2 wks before i'm ready to go. Looks like I have a big decision to make.:biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Woofy

Woofy Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Huntsville, Al
    I don't know about female trainers but i just went thru orientation and there were several females in class that graduated so they wont turn you down i guess you can call a recruiter and find out.

4. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Safe to assume you made a specific request? I would hate to think they wouldn't hire a woman simply because they had never hired one before (to train)!

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I don't know if you've made a decision on what to do.

But let me provide you with some insight into W&S.

You'll have the same trainers, as everyone else. You will not be "on the road" and alone with a trainer. Male or Female.

Your training will take place at the terminal, with other students/trainees. There will always be others around. You will not have to worry about any form of harassment.

Your training will be excellent and thorough.

6. Tragic Magic

Tragic Magic Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Albertville Alabama
    I start school through Driver Solutions in two weeks. I don't have a problem with a male trainer and never made a preference to the recruiters I talked to but as soon as they heard my voice they were like "We can't help you at this time cause we have no female trainers". So I decided to go with Driver Solutions cause they treated me like everyone else and have been very helpful and answered all my questions honestly and thoroughly. I'm still undecided as far as the companies though. The paperwork they sent me on PAM and USA show that by far PAM is the better company. Better benefits and cheaper insurance. But my recruiter told me that PAM itself is not hiring but Decker, Chocktaw and Allen were. So I guess i'll go with one of them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.