FexEx Atlanta, but just the security people

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by BrandonCDLdriver, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Our company hauls of a lot of FedEx stuff.

Well I showed up at like 3am with an empty from another load that I delivered to another location. I'd never been there, was told where to drop my trailer and I told the guard I am timed out, but was told there is a place to sleep there. He said there sure is, go around the back of this building (pointing to the building for me) and you'll see a parking lot on a hill and other trucks, just park up in there anywhere. I said ok, I go around the corner and sure enough, there is the lot.

I crash out and at about 4pm a security guard comes and tells me I cannot stay there because its the weekend. I told him I can't move the truck because I timed out and if I move the truck now it will start my 14 hour clock (I'd already used my 45min off duty driving to get there with an empty at 3am) and I wouldn't be able to deliver my load where it needed to go at 11am the next morning. He said well you might meet another security guard later on and she'll tell you to move. I said ok.

5pm came and went, 6pm, nothing, 7pm nothing, 8pm nothing. At 830pm, I'm all alone back there, nobody there, not hurting a thing, this security guard shows up in her car, honks her horn and wakes me up. Now I'm about to run all night running a Fedex load that leaves at 2am. So I needed sleep. She said you'll have to move, I said I can't move. She said then I'll boot your truck. I said then you won't get your money for this load and you'll have to deal with my company. I told her the two guards at the front gate told me to park here. She said no they didn't, it's not two men there now. I said IT WAS TWO MEN THERE AT 3AM WHEN I GOT HERE. I told her I was out of drive time, she said I've heard that before, I said BECAUSE ITS TRUE. She said you 5 minutes to move the truck or you'll get locked in.

Well, I moved the truck and started my 14 hour clock. When I drove to the other side of the airport to get into the waiting area for my trailer, the lady had just got my paperwork. I literally drove straight in and hooked to my trailer about 5-6 hours early. That is unheard of for FedEx. If you leave less than an hour late, you did great. 6 hours early is like OMG.

It worked out for the best, but not because of that #### security guard. One security guard tells me I can sleep there and then after I can't move the truck or else I can't make my delivery, tells me I have to move. Had my trailer been ready at the normal time for a 2am departure, 3-4am, I would have never made it. I'd have timed out. And it would look bad on my company and especially on me.

We are a HUGE shipper for FedEx. I seriously thought about filing a grievance against them.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    What is Off Duty Driving? Cannot be PC...

"45min off duty driving "

4. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    If you are off you can pc must be b-t if you are out of hrs you can bt. Out and back to the same place

5. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Why does he think he can sit at FedEx for roughly 24 hours before his load is ready/

6. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    My facility, we let guys park for 10 or 12, IF we have the room. After that we have them move along.

ladr Thanks this.
  7. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    More then fair.

BTW this fedex place in Atlanta has a huge ts about ten minutes away. Petro, have to pay

x1Heavy and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  8. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Stayed there. Actually got snowed on there once. Nice facility actually.

9. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You said you drove 45 min on off duty to deliver a trailer. You are then laden. You are not PC.

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Since it's an outside carrier for Fudex, maybe their system isn't set up for pc driving. I know my company doesn't allow off duty driving. Truck moves a mile, it logs driving from the original departure location.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I really wish FMCSA would clarify PC. As it is we have this fool running 45 minutes over, not realizing he's both breaking the law and running rates down for the guys trying to be legal. He should have parked it an hour ago, and depending on direction, there are a few decent truck stops that far out from Atlanta.
    Let the company deal with getting the empty to fedex, not the drivers problem, as long as he communicated with dispatch before it got critical.

IluvCATS and buzzarddriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.