FFE does not pay all the miles from start to finish

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by Metron, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Metron

Metron Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2011
    USA
    I'll be near 300 miles over the "contracted" miles, and won't get paid for those miles. The DM said they never pay all the actual miles, only what was negotiated on the contract with the receiver/shipper. Sounds to me like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bandaid

Bandaid Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Union, Mo
    no... the paid miles tend to be off +/- 20 miles... sometimes more, sometimes less.... also they pay "as the bird flys" meaning air miles, not actual miles, if you still have messages or anything on pnet saying that, complain all the way up the chain, and show them that to get clarification

4. mgt1085

mgt1085 Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2009
    west palm beach,fl
    most companies pay like that zip to zip like if guys ever do tyson the load will be more miles but what tyson pays them thats what they pay driver unless company says they pay hub miles u will only get zip to zip

5. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    welcome to the REAL world of driving paid on mileage.

If you can get lucky, the miles will be closer. Most times you will be off 10% per paycheck.

Pull up your big girl pants and go drive some more. Been that way since forever.

mgt1085 and Onetruckpony Thank this.
  6. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Not forever. The times I was company driver, I was paid hub from when I started in '75 up until the mid 90's. As an o/o I was paid percentage until the early 00's.

7. Onetruckpony

Onetruckpony Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Been that way since drivers started taking the scenic route to squeeze a few more mile off.

trips74 Thanks this.
  8. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    When I delivered new furniture we used single axle trucks. The guys at one company around here started taking bottle jacks with then, jack up one rear wheel, release the tractor brakes, put the truck in gear, then go to bed for the night.

Company caught on and moved the hubometer from the drive axle to the steer axle.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.