FFE/KLLM Transportation Is a Great Place to Start

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by SheBWheeling18, Oct 25, 2018.

1. SheBWheeling18

SheBWheeling18 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2018
    I would recommend without hesitation the KLLM Driving school and working for them for one year if you want to exempt yourself from the cost to attend school. For the ladies who may be interested.

I've posted a video on you tube of my experience at the KLLM Driving School. I've driven years OTR for Greyhound Lines with a greater amount of stress because you're dealing with the responsibility of Human Lives: I chose to drive freight for a few reasons but primarily FREIGHT don't talk back! AND your possibilities in the Trucking Industry are only limited by your desire to achieve.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2018
    Reason for edit: Video deleted due to profanity in the video
    Vic Firth, Lonesome and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DreZZerJxn

DreZZerJxn Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2018
    I just finished up the academy in Lancaster on Friday.

4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Tell us about it when the honeymoon is over driver

5. DreZZerJxn

DreZZerJxn Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2018
    I will. I know a few people that hated it and left and I know a few more that have been with them bout 2 years love it. I guess it’s to each it own. But I will come back with updates.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    THAT depends on your relationship with FFE it will decide if you managed to stay and thrive or leave and not be happy.

Our time with FFE waas moderately successful. As a Solo I did middling ok, but they kept me on because Spouse was fixing to come join me after her schooling. So I was able to be tolerated for a time anyhow because having a full reefer team is much more revenue to them.

Ultimately we left because the Billing Office did not transfer to HR Payroll rapidly enough resulting in three separate $0.00 checks despite weeks of 3,4,5 or 6000+ ground miles the previous pay week.

I don't mind skipping a payroll once or twice. But three times? We moved on else where. Fortunately the following monday we were at McKesson in Memphis after about a hour signing forms with the new employer, it was literally one of the fastest orientations possible in this industry, none of that manpower and resource intensive 4 day orientations.

Even today I remember many of the Office People and the Master of Trainees huddled off the bus in a touch of worry if they are going to get away with the road trip. It is very rare for me to actively hold a Motor Carrier like FFE in a form of respect for what we have done, for better or worse. It was not all smooth sailing we had some conflicts along the way which believe it or not was resolved in a business like workman ship manner. Professionally as it happened. That is why we liked them so much.

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Is this the unvarnished truth? I’m on a mission to find the unvarnished truth today, as opposed to just normal, everyday truth.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    not this mission?

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  9. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I played tag from Monteagle to Dalton with a KLLM guy. A little crazy going down Monteagle at 75, but overall a good driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.