fight ticket in restriction road ?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DLJ, Sep 21, 2020.

1. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    You beat me. lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    In practice, everyone has found themselves into such predicaments. It is a risk associated with profession.
    You can mitigate it, but not eliminate it. Yes, I did back off from low bridges and asked a cop for assistance to back in when the street was busy. With time and experience a man becomes more foxy and knows how to deal with it but you can't learn to avoid it entirely when delivering to unfamiliar places.
    I guess, the ticket, depending how it is coded, might be of some moving violation nature - traffic control device (?) - affecting the MVR. I'd fight it. Money is secondary here.

4. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It would take quite a perfectionist to have enough resolve to study by Google maps every intersection en route to a destination. Well...I guess some would say that this is what we get paid for... If so then I guess that's right and I've nothing to say to that.
    Driverless trucks come to mind but it was actually today in Green Bay, WI where my Garmin Dezl and Truck Smart Route app wanted me to go into the same tiny "No Trucks" street.
    I was too foxy to be fooled by them....

5. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    No it doesn't...I can click my way down the last mile or two in less than a minute. Maybe 5 if I'm concerned about something and want to read every sign along the way.

Have you even tried street view?

6. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    LOL. To me a perfectionist is also someone who brushes their teeth every morning and night...kind of relaxed definition. I did try it ... a few times but I am afraid by the time I am en route I'd forget most of it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.