Fighting an 'out of lane' ticket

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by moloko, Jun 15, 2014.

1. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    At the very least - do written declaration. Its free, and holds it up for monyhs., creates more paperwork for them, sending them further in the hole.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    My brother got nabbed on the I-15 headed to San Diego in the hammer lane (3 lanes) when he passed two bottom dumpers going side by side at 50 mph, blocking traffic, and scattering gravel. I helped him write up his declaration and he got a check back in the mail with "EXONERATED" on it.

You have to send in your payment for the fine with your declaration. If you win or the fine is reduced you get a check back in the mail.

blairandgretchen and AfterShock Thank this.
  4. 6 Speed

6 Speed Heavy Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    My coworker attempted to fight a third lane ticket with video evidence to no avail. Caught behind two 60 mph drag racers for some eight miles before falling out in the hammer lane. Fine was $182.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Might be in how you word your declaration. We researched the CA law and found a law that noted it is illegal to block traffic by running side by side for a long period of time. Citing that law and noting the hazard represented by the flying gravel and the fact that my brother was in the middle lane and blocked from getting over for an approaching exit within the next couple of miles, he opted for safety and made the pass. We noted that in this instance the trooper should have pulled over the bottom dumper blocking traffic in the middle lane.

6. 6 Speed

6 Speed Heavy Load Member

Jan 2, 2014
    In Georgia, a no center or left lane cruising law went into effect last July. Don't believe its being enforced.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  7. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I keep my signal ont he whole time im in the restricted lane so a cop will see im trying to move over. Yous say tried several times...does that mean you turned your signal off between trying? There are a lot fo good lwyers out there that could probably get it dismissed.

8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Signal? It's California, no signal required. I just change lanes; they've got brakes, they'll move.

EZX1100 and okiedokie Thank this.
  9. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Unfortunately that is the way it is down there. I ran od in ca. 6 blinks & I be coming over.

Rubicon and not4hire Thank this.
  10. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Yup. People have to learn it's a statement, not a request.

okiedokie, Rubicon and razor1983 Thank this.
  11. 70s_driver

70s_driver Medium Load Member

May 4, 2014
    Georgia has had the left lane law for many years and its considered a serious violation if you got caught in it. Hate to hear it now applies to the center lane. Glad Im retired.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.