Fighting an 'out of lane' ticket

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by moloko, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Exactly. Enervating and never helpful to hear from trucker JFC.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015
    I'm faced with being in the #2 lane next to the carpool lane on a drunken (not me it was still too early) Sunday before Veterans Day with 4 wheelers shooting in and out in front of me. CHP got calls that there was a semi in the carpool lane doing 80 in a 55 before the Richmond Bridge exit and onramp in the CA Bay Area. Truck was governed at 67, but there are hills. Anyway he was waiting for me. Was hauling mail. Drivers in 'my'company have beaten-got dismissed-90% of their tickets with lawyers here in CA or got them reduced to no points. One guy had (2) 67mph and a wrong lane at different points in time. I'm writing this to point out the 90% rate. The lawyer will postpone for months then go to the cop and say look this guy can't go to traffic school, it's his livelihood and he's nailed financially with me his lawyer and the money even if the ticket is reduced. Can we give him a break? And, yes, I should have stayed in the correct lane and used my brakes more. I simply don't have the self discipline and patience of a better driver; and I never will. When I lose my license I'll work at Costco or peel shrimp and import blankets from China at $3 each, maybe build picnic tables or teach guys how to drive in an old semi and show them how to move freight and make money which trucking schools fall very short on. I've pulled every kind of trailer in all 48 and I'd miss it, but not the stoned drunk aholes who lack common sense in a car.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Are you still hauling mail out of Eureka?

5. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015

Yes how did you know?

6. REO6205

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Well, you're info says you're from Eureka and you mentioned you were hauling mail

Just curious...there's an almost constant ad in the Humboldt CL for mail drivers, both Hoovestal and some outfit in Arcata. Are the jobs that bad where they have enough turnover to warrant a constant ad?
    A friend of mine wants to move up there and get out of the valley and we don't have any openings here.

7. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015

By the way, it's unrelated but the mail is high pay for guys

They have a hard time finding-keeping drivers for some reason around here. Hoovestol is great. Like 31.00 an hour, light loads, no waiting. What turns guys off with the mail is the 10 hour layovers on some routes. In this area there are no weigh stations open, the cops are nice even CHP. I feel like a lot of delivery drivers and OTR guys aren't aware of just how sweet the mail is or they would save up for an apartment and come get the job. Not saying me necessarily but I know for a fact they will take serious even old violent felonies. Talking 211 not heinous. They get guys in their 60s that leave after a while. The mail is on wheels. Very, very easy if a guy even touches it. Old ladies do it.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  8. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015
    Screenshot_20190214-182851.png

Attached Files:

9. REO6205

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Thanks for the info. I know Bettendorf is almost always hiring and a couple of the logging outfits in Fortuna will be looking for drivers for the upcoming season.
    My friend is a retired UPS driver and the mail thing would be more of a natural fit for him.
    I'll pass your information along.

Rubicon Thanks this.
  10. Rubicon

Jun 27, 2015
    Best wishes to your friend. There are some great jobs around here and, as you're aware, this is a nice place to live in for lots of reasons. Nice hearing from you.

REO6205 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.