Filling a large complaint against C.R. England

Discussion in 'CR England' started by dalyia2006, Nov 4, 2013.

1. dalyia2006

dalyia2006 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2013
    I was a student at C.R. England and I was told so many great things while I was in training with the company. I finished my 20,000 miles which took a month away from home. After that I was given some home time and was told I would receive a phone call to go back out on the road. I hadn't received a call in three days so I started calling them so they would know how interested I was about going back out and working. Everyday I would get a different answer or a different person until eventually I could not get a reason why I wasn't being called out. So I went up there and they told me they didn't have anything for me and to try to wait. I waited and waited and never received a call after weeks went by so I figured I never would. I started looking for a different company in which I did find one but months later I got a letter saying I owed C.R. England thousands of dollars for trucking school. I don't know why I have to pay them if I was willing to work for them for the year commitment that I signed up for when I went to school but they never gave me the opportunity. Therefore I have started a lawsuit against them for all students or employees who this has happened to. I think this is all a scam where they take in all these students and never fully hire them for the whole year so they can try to receive thousands of dollars for their trucking school. Also all the other companies I tried to apply for and told them I went to school at C.R. England told me they were not even a accredited school and that didn't count as experience. So I posted this in March and I now have a total of four people and if anyone else fell a victim to this same thing or something similar including leasing issues or payment issues etc. please feel free to email me at dalyia2006@yahoo.com and tell me a little about what happened and your name and number so that I may provide the attorney with the info. This case has been started so time is limited to join in. I'm just trying to offer help for a the victims I do not need any comments not related to this issue. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    I am sorry that you've had to do this. I hope everything works out for you.

4. Lsv

Lsv Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    PA
    Ha, doesn't surprise me 1 bit. And that sheethole just keeps churning them out.

5. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    What paperwork did you sign? Be assured c.r. England is covering their ###. Try to recall what you agreed to in contract.....

6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Please, keep us informed about your lawsuit. Something tells me they have deeper pockets than you. Unless you found a Lawyer that took your case on a contingency basis, which I doubt, this could be very expensive, but, we will be here waiting with baited breathe for the outcome.

Puppage Thanks this.
  7. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Wow that sucksss!!!! See its crap like this that just puts a bad taste in your mouth about this indus

8. CharlesS

CharlesS Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2013

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I would be willing to say you may not have gotten called back if you weren't going to lease a truck. Its definitely no excuse for the way they treat new students, however they are big on leasing trucks and don't really care about company drivers. Wish you luck with your endeavor.

9. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    They really don't care about their lease drivers either, esp if you don't train students, they will starve you out on miles.

10. rocknsand

rocknsand Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Tonganoxie, KS
    I hope you kept a copy of all the forms that you signed, you can bet they have all their bases covered, you need to give your lawyer a copy to find the loop holes. I'm sure they have it written so it benifits them and not you.
    Good luck and hope you can get your money back.

11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    They don't have to starve you out on miles. With their pay structure, you simply can't make it as a solo OTR. 3000 miles a week and you will only net $800, give or take,

So your choice is never go home or never get out of the hole, if you try to run solo OTR. And OTR is all that is available to L/Os now that they've all been kicked off the dedicated accounts.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.