Finally got my own truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by BoyWander, Jan 1, 2017.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Freight rates have always been based on location. Simple supply and demand. Denver for example is one of the worse markets. Phoenix has been the very worse for open deck for as long as i can remember.

Tug Toy and loudtom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I pulled a rock. I used Celadon for an example because I knew they are publicly traded, so the reports are easy to find. I forgot that the reason I knew that Celadon is traded publicly is because of them being in trouble for cooking the books!

4. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    Pepper . I sit roll the dice especially if ph is ringing off the hook. Had an offer for 3.50mi going to good area but the worst receiver. Associated Groceries in KS. 30min later I scream for Ice Cream 732mi 4400.00 at 3pm. Sure why not glad I sat rolled the dice. 9grand and counting for the week on 2223 odometer miles. $832.17 in fuel. 3 days left in payroll. Gotta get some rubber good week for it.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  5. CanadianGain

CanadianGain Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018

Hate to drop in like this but looking at starting out. Wondering if I could get ahold of these spreadsheets you have created. Would help me tremendously.
    Thanks
    TONY

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  6. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    That just gets me all emojinal.

Farmerbob1, flood, BoyWander and 4 others Thank this.
  8. CanadianGain

CanadianGain Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2018
    How are you making out boywander! Excellent thread! Taken me 5 days to get thru it, excellent source of information!

So real and raw! You can feel the anticipation when the loadboards and giving you the shtick!
    I'm glued! all the best to you and I'll be following.

Bean Jr. and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. Moonshadow1918

Moonshadow1918 Light Load Member

May 13, 2018
    15k for June
    I don't think it is. Think about it if most of they're fleet is lease ops they can afford to pull cheap. They really don't have much overhead the lease op does. If you had 3 drivers paying all the bills tell me you wouldn't pull cheap loads the brokers are gonna give you kick backs for doing so. 1 that may put you in a high pay lane time and time again

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Pick any publicly traded mega fleet and a quick google search will give you their financials, including gross revenue. Now go look up their dot number to get their total reported mileage. Use those numbers to figure out what they are averaging per mile.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Bean Jr. and Lepton1 Thank this.
  11. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    Glad you like the thread.

It's nice to write all that, when things are going well, it's easy.
    But nobody talks about the tough times.

It's tough out here right now trying to keep this truck moving with a team driver.
    Too many people went out and bought trucks and brought down rates.

I imagine they'll go back up again once the economy comes back after the coming recession puts them out of business and capacity gets tight again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.