Financing - Semi-truck capital..... Go capital

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by believe456, Jul 10, 2017.

1. believe456

believe456 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    first question are these the same company? Second has anyone used either????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. believe456

believe456 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    any success stories from go capital? It's written up like a lease or rental but they say at the end the last two months are the buy out

4. 03machwon

03machwon Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Never heard of this. But never buy anything unless it goes into your name right away.

5. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Weatherford, Texas
    I used Go! to buy a car and they were hassle free.
    As far as buying my Kenworth, I had good credit but did a credit repair anyway. I jumped my score from 650 to 800 in about a month and a half. The main way was to get The small items out of collection and paid, like an old cable bill I forgot about and then get my unsecured lines of credit down to 1% utilization. Keeping all payments on time and current was the other factor.
    Rather than getting screwed by a lease I got financing pretty easily with a great credit score.
    Fix your credit first then get a loan. It will save you tons of misery by avoiding the predatory lease route.
    One offer that came across the table was a lease company that wanted to add $22k to the price tag and put a tracker on my truck. I told them to pound sand. Just be aware there's a ton of that out there Tyrone, and they're looking for dummies to pounce on.

6. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Weatherford, Texas
    I forgot to mention that anything above a rate of 10% is garbage, don't take it.you can get as low as 3.9% which is great. BBVA Compass offered me 6% with a signature. That's insane. Great credit removes most of the grease balls from the playing field. Good luck man!

7. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Don't use go capital. You will pay more than twice what the truck is worth through them. I know people that went that route.

8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I checked into a lease for a trailer purchase.
    They told me interest was 8%, reasonable rate.
    When I did the calculations it came out to 18%,

I went to local bank and got a 6.5% 5 year terms.

Good luck

RStewart Thanks this.
  9. BarberTrucker

BarberTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2017
    what credit repair did you use?

10. NCTIREMAN

NCTIREMAN Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Biggest bunch of crooks in the business. Bought a 2011 Freightliner, paid $ 7500 down. Leased the remaining 23K with Go Capital. After 8 months truck was involved in an accident. Insurance company paid out 34k. Go Capital has received 45k in 8 months. Now they tell me I owe them 12k more. Good luck on that one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.