Finders fee for lost or stolen trailer?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TheDude1969, Feb 5, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

My company sometimes offers us drivers a $250 fee if we find a particular lost trailer. As to paying a "stranger" for find that trailer, that's too important to tell lowly truck drivers. I'm sure some executive type in HQ got a big bonus for the suggestion, much golf was played, lunches taken, but no drivers would know.

SingingWolf and TheDude1969 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

half of the yard checks are a dispatchers' version of dig a whole & fill it up.

TheDude1969 and Kyle G. Thank this.
  4. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Our trailers have fleet tracker on them, but we still get messages that trailers are missing with a few hundred of a reward. Guess the batteries die or whatever.
    But it's not that accurate either. I got sent to get a empty that was dropped on a backhaul. Gave me a address, I went there and no trailer. After a few calls back and forth I just started driving around. Found it 4 streets over in a parking lot empty. So I wouldn't say the trackers are to good lol

SingingWolf and TheDude1969 Thank this.
  5. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    250 isn't worth it to take a second glance at a trailer number, insulting to drivers is what it is

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.