Firearms in truck

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Fishdude, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Getting home alive is the only objective.

Fishdude Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Funny. Maybe don't take loads into gangland. The world has changed a lot. I spent the night in my truck center Bronx and only thing I saw was a drag queen prostitute on my walk around the neighborhood at night.

Coover Thanks this.
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Try that in Detroit or Cleveland.

5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    What did I say about not taking loads in gangland?

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Certain states bar firearms and even ammunition beyond a certain type.

Maryland in particular, without a non resident license or a resident license to carry you will be arrested and the firearms taken away.

United States Concealed Carry Association has resources to address each and every state and their laws regarding carry. Some states have no requirement for licensing, others have mutual respect for each others licenses and some simply deny it totally.

Guns are not all legal in the USA. So where you might be fine in Arkansas, you will be arrested elsewhere.

Drilling down further, certain guns are not allowed in certain states and certain capacities and kinds of ammunition are not allowed such as hollow point or more than 10 rounds. (Not that it matters, I can reload 4 magazines and maintain fire equal to a partner's 33 round happy stick)

Employers will fire you instantly should you be prosecuted for having a gun in a semi or work place.

TTR has many threads that go into exhaustive detail regarding carry of weapons around 18 wheelers and also in general. My post is just a summary and not a end all be all answer to your overly broad question. It is literally easier to open carry a big holstered blade as I did into NYC constantly than it is to carry or possess a gun there.

7. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I do in both no problems.

Now CHIRAQ and Baltimore are a different story

8. jraulpilot1998

jraulpilot1998 Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2014
    All over U.S.A
    You are well informed.....I've carried since the nineties. It is all about the Reciprocity agreements between States. Best to have a CCW of your State of residency and if you deem proper, most States have a Non Resident Permit that's easy to get if you have one from your State. Also as we "speak", a Bill is being considered in the House that will End all of these nonsense and will make your CCW good even in NY city. ((Should pass in 2018)) Most legislators and Senators are Pro Gun, plus NRA has the membership to back it up. Now...if the Company that you drive or work for has Rules and Regulations about Not having Firearms in the Truck then You will have to "work the Magic".
    Safe Trails....!!

9. jraulpilot1998

jraulpilot1998 Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2014
    All over U.S.A
    Also....
    Check/Google ; RECIPROCITY MAPS (Interactive Map) It will help you.

Fishdude Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The National Carry Bill currently before the Senate is a seriously flawed bill. Instead of two or three sentences enforcing all states to honor carry of the least restrictive among all 50, they choose to sneak in several provisions that infringe on the 2A. I don't have the details in front of me at the moment, it is not the first time we had a chance at National Carry in the US Senate.

Back about 2006 or so one evening at 1 am the US Senate had a clean National Carry on the floor for voting. Our own Senator Pryor ran into the Chamber at the last minute and consulted with his masters and cast a no vote against it killing it. I watched it happen live on CSpan. Pryor has since left the Senate. His was the last vote left before it was time to add em up and see if we have National Carry or not.

Personally I support National Carry. But it has to be a clean version of it because I am a licensed carry in Arkansas by our State Police and it's the same as a Drivers License for ID purposes etc here. Might as well make the rest of the USA honor it. We are getting ready to take on active shooter training as provided by ASP when they iron out the details of that little Enhancement that will allow carry in Colleges, State Capitol, some Government buildings and certain other situations where ordinary licensed carry is banned. I already have active anti terrorist core training from the IDF but in the eyes of our State Law, it matters not. I have to get it through the ASP. Another wrinkle is that our Instructors have certain rules under the new laws, should they fail they will no longer be instructors. That is a problem.

Compared to the process I need to go through to get a Maryland Non Res license Arkansas is a free state, "Shall Issue" not a May Issue. and certainly not throttled by the Federal hand at the neck and forced to issue licenses at all like Illinois once.

I tell you this, Ive been pretty lucky in my life time with a couple of relatively easy defensible acts against bad guys including a invader trying to sexually assault the spouse in Jackson TN in 2001. He's lucky he fell out or jumped out when he did see me and my blade for his neck. That would have been a mess. Whoever he was. It's a shame because if I had my colt, he would have been deader or worst faster. I wont be going out into trucking again without arms period. I would absolutely refuse loads to NE until it is legal to get through there with arms. That should not be too difficult here in the South.

jraulpilot1998 and jammer910Z Thank this.
  11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    No licenses. Vermont has it right. Only real gun regs are for poaching.

jraulpilot1998 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.