First contact with a broker (or several) for a new authority

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Gumper, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Gumper

Gumper Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Butte, MT
    I only had one broker turn me down, and I started on the first week of April. I think it was KC Logistics. Big brokers like TQL will work with anyone.

Lite bug and PPDCT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckholic

truckholic Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Type carrier package on google and you will find bunch, once you sign it you will receive Rate con,

4. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Watch out for TQL! They will screw you in a minute. If ANY customer ever has a claim against you (damages, short, etc.) they will NOT ask you about it or try to get it resolved. They will just wait until you have a bunch of loads with them andn they will suddenly take it all out at once! A very close acquaintance of mine with 5 trucks, 3 being reefers, had lots of loads with them and suddenly got hit with a bogus claim on produce to the tune of $40K plus! I have a transportation attorney that confirmed this with me and said they and CHR are by far the worst at doing this and they see many truckers trying to straighten it out. Good luck with that!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Gumper Thanks this.
  5. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Make sure when you are getting set up with a new broker - read that contract carefully. There are certain things you don't want to agree to. Anything that gives the broker "the right to offset" - don't agree to it. Cross it out and put your initials next to it. That's not going to help you at all and gives unreasonable power to the broker to screw you if something happens.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.