First time I-95 NYC

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jwhis, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    HeY maestros

With this storm coming in the northeast if I leave Stafford Springs CT at like 11 am is there any hope of getting to Richmond in one go tomorrow? I’ve never run 95 any higher than Baltimore, so not sure on the timing of traffic

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Based on a cursory observation of the Wx forecast for the northeast, I'd say you won't have any issues. They take pretty good care of 95 throughout the northeast and down into northern VA at least, if it gets bad. But I don't see any major complications happening from CT southward on Thursday. I'll be in Jersey myself Thursday unloading and reloading back west

4. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Ok. I worry about ice and the mandatory retarded drivers crashing everywhere. My unload got moved back and I won’t be leaving at an ideal time

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, never mind. My preplan just came in and the oddest thing came in. Will be headed up to Marlborough, MA to load following a Linden unload. I guess that's what happens when you earn the reputation of being a driver who "gets her done". This sort of dispatch never happens from a central Jersey unload given a few dozen regular pickup points in Jersey and eastern PA. Oh well. Gotta be somewhere, I guess. But, it gives me a Monday [before cutoff] delivery and about 7,000 miles for the 2 week period.

Either their New England trucks couldn't be counted on or there are no trucks unloading tomorrow in New England which I have a hard time believing.

6. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    It’s money in your pocket. Don’t try to figure it out. Just cash the paycheck and move on

Farmerbob1 and Woodys Thank this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    What paycheck?

8. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    We eatin' good in my neighborhood ...

GreenPete359 Thanks this.
  9. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

The storm is suppossed to start around 11 in eastern pa. I think you will be perfectly fine sticking to 95. They take care of that road and its on the outer edge of the 4 inch snow fall.

I dont know about new york city across the gw, but if you run 95 down to 295 south and cross into delaware via the delaware memorial bridge, youll have smooth sailing I'd predict.

10. Jwhis

Jwhis Heavy Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Is that bridge hazmat restricted or not?

11. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    No, will probably have to take the outer loop around Baltimore tho.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.