First time I ever had to call the cops on another trucker

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by IROCUBabe, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

If the shoe fits.................

As for the useless express driver, his actions would make a person wonder if he was an idiot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    I think this whole situation was blown way out of proportion.

4. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I think they should of towed that jack*** and not giving him the time to move.
    Once he feels that truck raise off the ground he will get the message and a big bill from the hook.:biggrin_255:

I was new at one time did I try to park like that heck no If there were no parfking then I did not stop.

5. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    I agree this guy is probably an idiot but I don't agree with the company name associating everyone driving for them is an idiot.. Judge a man or women for what they do not for who they drive for..

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Statements like that don't help your credibility here .

7. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I don't think so, we tried fairly hard to get out without trying to wake him up, the way the truck stop is designed, it was the Flying J at Matthews Missouri, its simply not easy to just get out without obstacles much less with someone parked so close HE couldn't pull out without hitting our mirror.

The 387 replaced our 379 when it went into Omaha during the week DOT was hardball inspecting and they replaced the normal safety lane dude with a dot dude, whom redtagged our 379 for stuff I didn't even know was in the regulations. We were already late for hometime and I whined, so dispatch got us a car and sent us home, and set us up in this truck when we came back on. Which made us sad.

Its far more roomy... but I loved the 379 and I am going to get another or a Lonestar, when we switch out.:biggrin_2553:

AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    So what do you think she should have done?? Do they wait until this driver gets all of his rest and decides to get up? I would have done more and my hats off to IROC for handling the stuation in a professional manner.

Markk9 and AfterShock Thank this.
  9. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    IROC, maybe you will get a new 389 next time around. For the US Express situation, you could've left "I park like an idiot" sticker on his mud flap or did what brick mentioned with the radio active hazmat sign.

Hunter

10. illegal_eagle187

illegal_eagle187 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    at work i get to wake up people who park like that all the time............i do security so i cant announce police, but i do have a whalen siren that works everytime....lol it sounds just like the police is right outside their door

Brickman Thanks this.
  11. Reby

Reby Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Springfield Oregon
    Man that just sucks! Today I had a CSRT driver pull out of the spot next to me on the drivers side and he was driving the rig like a car, meaning once the cab cleared my hood he started turning right which put his trailer right up next to my driver side mirrors. I honked my air horn several times but he did not look or stop until he had hit my mirror. Turned out it was a student driver with 'experience' and the mentor got out and was trying to instruct this guy on what to do but instead of turning his wheel to the left and pulling the trailer away, he turned it right and kept going forward....I'm screaming at this point! He then tried to backup to get off my mirror...but guess what direction he turned the wheel. Yup you got it, the wrong way once again! He left a scratch the full length of my mirror casing from top to bottom with the rivets on his trailer 3x!

I am still annoyed. I even helped the mentor with his truck before they pulled out to leave. I was adjusting my mirrors because I just had the truck washed at a blue beacon, and he rolled down his window and asked me how to adjust his front convex mirrors. I showed him and even let him use my WD-40 to loosen up the ball joint, then I took my vicegrips and adjusted his passenger side mirror for him and tightened it back down. After his student hit me 3x they had an attitude that I should not worry about it, the mentor said why hurt a students record over a scratched up mirror mount on my company truck which has less than 200k miles. Then he said just say you woke up and found the mounting all scratched up from 'somebody that left during the night' (which would have ended up on my record as a preventable).

I tried to call my company's accident phone number but was on hold. I wanted to see if they wanted to file a claim or not, to try and help the other driver (to keep it off his permanent record and off mine) but by the time I got through he had already contacted CSRT claims and filed a accident report. Overall I tried to be nice about it but if the guy had simply paid attention this would never have happened. Now he's two weeks out and has a preventable on his record, so much for an 'experienced' student.

Luckily for me the damage was only cosmetic so I'm not out of service but it still irks me. Now my mirror looks like I don't know how to drive because its all scratched up like I hit something. Grrrrr!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.