2012 T660 flasher issues

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Corey Myers, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Corey Myers

Corey Myers Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I have a 2012 t660. I have no flashers or turn signals in either headlight assembly but the triangle flasher on back of fenders work. I have swapped bulbs. Test light wont show power to the bulb but I have power to the harness bc fender light works. What could be the common connection bt the right and left headlight assembly to cause both to not work? Any help appreciated and thanks in advance

Corey.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. XRESETX

XRESETX Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I went thru this entire thread for an answer to my 2006 T660 no Flasher/Turn Signals, watched every available video on the net and FINALLY figured it out AFTER taking the truck to the Stealership and getting horsefreaked out of $560 and STILL had no Turn Signals. OK, the deal was I swapped out the batteries and my ratchet handle hit the side of the box while on the positive post and sparked ONE TIME. That's all it took. Yeh, shoulda, coulda, woulda made sure the ground was disconnected first, but I didn't. Anyways, be sure to check all the fuses and relays in your fuse box and eliminate that possibility, then in the CENTER of the Dash--pull off the plastic bezel around the instrument cluster and unscrew 4 screws and pull out the panel and look for a 6" x 5" black box with a dark blue front with 2 plugs hanging out--the entire box is NOT secured, just hanging deep in the dash, about where the cup holder is. The part number varies by a single digit, but mine is: P21-1019-303, PACCAR. Others end in -203 and -103. On Ebay and general search on Google, the price for this "PC/ABS" module varies from $450-$600 and surprisingly, a new one is "only" $606 after taxes from the Stealership. Plug 'n Play--so for $1160 later, everything works. The worst thing was the truck wouldn't start right after the battery incident, took it in to the Stealership, they got it to crank, but the Turn Signals were going to be a separate issue and an additional charge and their fancy computers were unable to diagnose the module failure, so I was going to be charged time and material for the FNG new hire to find the problem @$125/hour. The joys of trucking, part #109936471...

4. Sufelkhan

Sufelkhan Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2019
    My truck turn signal works but trailer gives 4 way flashing lights .
    What could be the problem

5. Isx15kwt660

Isx15kwt660 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2018
    I have 2012 KW T660. My hazard(4 way) flasher signals did not work. But i had my Left and Right signals. Went to KW and Peterbilt they said there isn't any fues or relay in this year model.They want me to bring it in so they can take there time and charge me $$$.I also heard that Cecu or Chassis nod,But I spent some time and found that was not my issue. I found a fues on line (C1) it's labeled as MISC LOW CURR 5amp fues. Its located by the clutch area. Replaced it and fixed the issue.

mitmaks Thanks this.
  6. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Not sure if you're even still on this forum, but I'm having the same issue. I have indicator power to the side and at the harness but no front indicator. Was wondering if you'd solved your problem?

7. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Any updates to this? I had parked my truck for while now both front flashers won't blink

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.