flatbed companies that hire/train CDL

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by datnewnew, Jul 15, 2017.

1. datnewnew

datnewnew Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I'm looking for a flatbed company that is a smaller/medium outfitted company. I live in central Illinois.

Jones Brothers Trucking out of Missoula MT looks promising; but I'm sure there's other companies out there like them. Any advice?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fuller

fuller Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    I'll give you some advice, since you're a new driver... In fact, it doesn't even seem you have your CDL yet?

The best jobs aren't gained playing around online, or waiting for the employer to post some ad, so you can email or fax a resume to them, thinking you've done a good job in your search.

Get out there and shake some hands, in person.

You have no experience, so you CANNOT be choosy, I'm afraid.

I will tell you this... My old employer demanded that all new hires be experienced in the type of vocational work that we did... He made an exception for the one guy that was fresh out of school, who is still employed with him, simply because he had the balls to find out where the yard was, and show up in person with the willingness...

Steelhauler1246 and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Celadon has a flatbed division and their own cdl school.
    Overall, Celadon is pretty big, but the flatbed division isn't.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    datnewnew Thanks this.
  5. datnewnew

datnewnew Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2017
    I understand where you're coming from, and completely agree. I was just seeing if there were other outfits that I was unaware of that I could apply to.

6. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I found my current employer by searching and applying online right here on truckers report. Go to the jobs page. Then fill out the search criteria. You will likely get something come up that you didn't know about. I've been relatively happy for a year at the only company I applied to and I found them right here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.