Flatbed company's

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by T_TRUCKER., Sep 27, 2014.

1. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    I'm tossing the idea around, lately this reefer is really driving me crazy. Every place I sit for hours, detention is hit or miss. I'm happy with my current company, for the most part. Just curious what flatbed company's would be good to look at, I know about melton, TMC and maverick although not interested in another automatic truck... AT ALL. I live in Florida and have 11 months OTR experience however I'm sure most will take me that require a year but I have no fb experience. I know how alot feel about leasing but that's another thing I plan on doing, during my year OTR I've saved enough money and would be interested in leasing if the right deal came up.
    Again, just trying to get ideas and keep my options open as I am content with my current company, just a little tired of all the waiting. Any suggestions to a dry can company that's decent aswell.
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Call Builder's. We'll take ya, teach ya how ta skateboard, and pay ya on top of it!

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  4. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    What are the miles like? Hometime ? And the equipment 10spd and how fast? Thanks!

5. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    The question is does Builders hire out of FL??? For FL, you have some but not a lot. Roehl hires flatbed drivers in FL. Theres a company called Rinaudo that hires in FL as well as D Mosley Trucking. Also, theres always Cypress. If it were me, I'd apply with Rinaudo and D Mosley. They both have excellent equipment. Also, if your interested, try Beyel Brothers. Not too sure if they hiring or not. That company is local to us T-Trucker.

djtrype and T_TRUCKER• Thank this.
  6. runwme

runwme Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Melton also hires out of florida

7. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Thanks challenger I'll check em out, I've tossed the idea of flatbed around, I'll tell ya what, it sure would be nice to get some exercise now and then lol

The Challenger Thanks this.
  8. The Challenger

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I agree that flatbedding is a great way for exercise. Theres a local company by us called Stephens Pipe and Steel. They are out of Melbourne. Cast Crete has an office in Melbourne as well. Also, once you get your full year in, you will be eligible to work for an fleet owner at Landstar and Mercer.

KH

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  9. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Thanks challenger! Always good advice from you! , I think for right now I'm going to stay put, no reason in going back n fourth from company to company. Been a rough few days but I'll get a good night rest, tomorrow is a new day. Flatbed has always been work I've respected, and I envy you guys and girls that do the work. Maybe one day. I heard the real bucks are heavy haul!

The Challenger Thanks this.
  10. The Challenger

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    T,

You gotta start out somewhere and if a company like Rinaudo is willing to give you a shot and train you, it might make sense to go with them. Just for kicks, fill out an application and see what they say. Just like anywhere else, start at the bottom and work your way up.

If it were me, id put in phone calls and see what the companies say. If you like it, put in a application. If you do not, move on. No harm in obtaining information. Heres a link:

http://rinaudoinc.com/index.html

http://beyel.com/

KH

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  11. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Yes and no. It depends on the outfit. Plus, most heavy haul companies will hire all 48 because they get loads going everywhere. There's not many designated freight lanes with heavy haul, so they'll hire drivers from anywhere. My current outfit will only hire drivers after 1 year of experience and climbing the ladder is interesting. To get to the top, it can take a while, but those guys do make some serious money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.