Flatbed supplies and where to get them

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by nerok9, Dec 2, 2007.

1. nerok9

nerok9 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Gentleman, there is alot of things you need to flatbed, like Tarps, straps, bungee straps, chains, and binders among other things. Would like to know what brand, type, size, where you buy these and how many of each you would need to sustain your operation. Any information would be used and appreciated.

NeroK9

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY
    Google "tri city canvas" out of IL, east side of ST Louis, RIGHT off the interstate.

You might also try googling "truck tarps" and come up with more places.

4. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    brickman, your just a plethura of info. lol

5. nerok9

nerok9 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Yes he is, thats why he is a STAFF member, and thanks for the info by the way

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Thanks guys, I try. After 3+ yrs of flatbed I know where to find a place or two. There is also a decent place in Denver CO by the name of "truckhugger".

7. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Let me point out hat if you do some searching on Ebay, there have been numerous times in the past when there have been people getting out and they sell the tarps, straps, chains, binders, and even headache rack for an all in one price that works out well. It can be kind of hit and miss, but if you find one and it's within reasonable driving range, I have seen the entire setup go for 800 or so.

Works best if you don't need everything in a quick hurry.

" OPTIMUS PRIME " Thanks this.
  8. Doma

Doma Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    MA
    Tarpstop.com they are great and ship quick or if You are close just go there they have everything You need.

9. Designors

Designors Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    NM
    Ebay does wonders .... did a search to play around .... found a truck and trailer with all equipment .... ie tarps .... straps .... chains .... etc etc for $33,000

A bit many miles .... 712,000 on an '01 Freightliner XL .... but does have a Cummins 475 which makes it good

10. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    Sometimes at industrial auctions they will have all the rigging for decks in lots for auction. Worth kicking tires to see if anything like that is available at the next auction. Here the fall auction has the highest prices, and the spring auction has the best prices... all depends on where you are as to what to expect. Good luck.

11. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

im goin to use northwest tarp & cover for my new tarps...the owner terry is a heck of a nice guy and is giving me a sweet deal on the new tarps...both 5 ft and 8.5 ft drops will have 18oz material on top, and 13oz sides...trying to lighten them up but keep the durability

figured i'd try him since he is a local, and the tarp guru at davis swears by him

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.