Flipping daylight running to night runs and back agian

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by NYDUTCHMAN, Dec 21, 2013.

1. NYDUTCHMAN

NYDUTCHMAN Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Oswego NY
    Considering coming over to USA. Been pulling flats which generally picks up and delivers between 06:00 to 2000 hrs so i have not hed to deal with flipping my bunk time. I started out as a van hauler mostly reefer (hate grocery whses) MW to NE. I guess what I am asking is how is your FM about running you to both your advantage working to keep you moving like humanbeing as opposed to a Opossum. A happy driver or at least a awake driver is a productive driver. One of the reason I ask is that with these new stricter enforcement rules, I am seeing more drivers being ticketed for fatigued driving. Now adays with the insurance companies calling the shots on who is hireable any ticket for anything is a big blackmark on your CDL. I am fully aware that at times loads picked up or dropped at hours most of us would rather not be driving. Always felt like I should call my FM and share the exp. with him LIVE via PHONE. Any constructive input is greatly welcome be it from a driver or a desk jockey.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. "Hang - Man"

"Hang - Man" Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Hold the phone, What is this "Ticketed for fatigued driving" ? I never heard of such a thing.
    Are you just using those words as a generalization ? Or is there such a thing ?

4. NYDUTCHMAN

Nov 26, 2009
    Oswego NY
    No I wish I could say I was but I was looking up Companies CSI scores .if you go into driver the section where they show what the ticket was for you will find multiple examples. I don t remember which companies i was looking at but I was surprised also.

5. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    You know, i was seeing somethings typed in this forum like that- but i still dont know what that means.
    I figure you either get a ticket for unsafe driving, blah blah blah but can they actually write a ticket for fatigued driving --i hope not - I look like i need sleep even if i just slept for a week straight.

6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007

7. NYDUTCHMAN

Nov 26, 2009
    Oswego NY
    Go to FMSCA site do a carrier search ,look up to right find SMS click on that will being up new screen with a list of scores in different categories, look under driver violatons. will list reason for ticket.

8. NYDUTCHMAN

Nov 26, 2009
    Oswego NY
    Thanks Roadmedic for the link

9. "Hang - Man"

Nov 12, 2013
    Western PA
    Wow thanks road medic, I wonder how many drivers know about that one .
    I guess using the excuse that you were tired is a "No no" ! Boy that's very vague and i hope DOT bears aren't using their own "opinion " as to whether or not your fatigued.
    Sorry for changing the subject on your thread NYDUTCHMAN --but that caught my eye and i was hoping for an answer on that.

10. NYDUTCHMAN

Nov 26, 2009
    Oswego NY
    NO PROBLEM it is very important that we share with each other. If we dont look out for each other the nobody else will.

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    [QUOTE="Hang - Man";3731329]Wow thanks road medic, I wonder how many drivers know about that one .
    I guess using the excuse that you were tired is a "No no" ! Boy that's very vague and i hope DOT bears aren't using their own "opinion " as to whether or not your fatigued.
    Sorry for changing the subject on your thread NYDUTCHMAN --but that caught my eye and i was hoping for an answer on that.[/QUOTE]

Lost that link when I tried to actually show the chart for another one.

http://www.csa2010.com/articles/CSA_2010_Fatigued_Driving_Violation_Severity_Weight_Table.htm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.