I Flopped my truck over with a load of rocks.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    That thing might book for 70-80K

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    We have pictures on this forum to prove it.:eek:

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    How long did the engine run after you went off the road?

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    After i came to my senses and figured out i was upside down , i shut it off right away. From impact to engine shutoff was less than 30 seconds

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im not sure who owns it , but it is a private road. I now realize calling the cops was dumb . But at the time i was in a bit of shock and it seemed like the logical thing to do.

Speed_Drums, bzinger, Cat sdp and 3 others Thank this.
  7. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Good to hear you are OK. I know about a recent claim with Great West. Because the claimed repairs was more than 40% of the insured value, it was totaled. The insured value may not be the same as the current value of your truck.

I know that feeling when the trailer is pulling your truck around. When I was pulling mobile homes. I had a wind gust take the house off my ball hitch and place it upside down in the median of the interstate. My truck was laying on the passenger door in the opposite ditch. DOT asked my how my safety chain hooks were able to come undone from the tractor. I said" Not sure what happened, both my hands were on the steering wheel and both my eyes were focused out the front windshield. What ever god was doing back there, I didn't see a thing".
    I got a ticket for an invalid oversize permit. All permits were canceled 3 hours prior. I told him, I didn't deserve a ticket because nobody called me to let me know. Bag phones were just becoming common. Smokey didn't see any humor in my statement.

I was lucky, went back to tow yard. Only damage to my truck was a mirror was broken and the bar was bent. I had a friend come drive my truck home, I was too shaken to drive. But the truck fired up with the key and away we went. No claim on the truck, house was totaled. That was one tough 9670

Man that was a strange sensation when the trailer is pulling you in a different direction, then what your mind Knows it should be going.
    Once again glad you were able to tell us about this.

Good luck with your repairs or purchase.

8. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Glad to see you are ok.. had a dirt road give way, trailer went over, tractor stayed on the road, did not hear anything from LEO at all.

BigBob410, JoeyJunk and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  9. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    I can’t remember how long mine ran. It only had 700 some odd miles. Brand new. This was 2012 and they didn’t total it. I also didn’t get fired. It was a cold dip in the water in December and I cried like a ##### when I was out of the water and realized how close I may have been to death. Remote part of WV. Thankfully there was a van load of sand haulers somewhere behind me and they helped me out of water.

Biggest disappointment was when I was at hospital and almost had a nurses number and my almost ex-girlfriend walked in. Got male chicken blocked immediately LOL

10. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    Oof.

An adventure nobody wants.

Glad you made it alright though.

In the words of a sort of wise man I once knew... "That sucks whale ####"

bzinger, BigBob410, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    20210828_020444.jpg
    Was it this part of West Virginia?

austinmike, BigBob410 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.