Florida AG inspection

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Balakov100, Jul 15, 2017.

1. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Normally their checking for mold and fungus. I know the bug stations in Arizona would check for fire ants if you were coming from the southeast.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gary1

Gary1 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
    What is required of me from the AG Inspectors when hauling hay into Florida. It is a small 300 bale load from my property in KY.

4. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    They always wave at me or just ask me what I'm hauling.

Gary1 Thanks this.
  5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    The Fla ag also checks fuel/ifta stickers. I'm open deck and always pull in,.. even when empty. Better than having them chase you down. I've seen them run down rental trucks for not pulling in.

Also,.. anyone pulling a boat is supposed to pull in and get checked for aquatic critters.

Hurst

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Nothing really. You get in line,.. head up to the window. The computer will run your front plate and look for an ifta decal. They may or may not look to see what is on your deck. Typically they just wave me through.

Hurst

7. Gary1

Gary1 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Good luck finding a front plate. I live in Kentucky and am not required to have a front plate on F350. Now I do have an ifta sticker.

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Not sure where you got your information...ag stations are just that, agriculture. They have no authority over IFTA or watercraft. Other states like Cali's fruit Nazi's might have the boat inspecton duty, but in FL our cabbage cops are responsible for protecting our food supply, which includes livestock. They are also responsible for checking anyone bringing in horses for the proper health certificates and disease screening since FL has a large horse population.

Here is a link to their site that shows what their duties are.

Agricultural Inspection Stations / Business Services / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

11. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Not sure when the Last time you have been through a FL AG station, but each and everyone also has a watercraft check stop. Take a look the next time you go through one. It's not part of the AG itself. A different division of enforcement I am sure.

And pull into an AG station with an expired IFTA and see how well that works out for you. They send you up to the scale house up the road and there you get to deal with it. But it starts at the AG.

Hurst

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.