Florida Fleet Owners?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Spacecoast, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Spacecoast

Spacecoast Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Palm Bay, Fl
    Is there any part of the country that is best for getting on with a fleet owner. Since I live in Florida, I don't hold out a whole bunch to find anything around here. But just in case, I'm looking to start out in cargo van or straight truck if I can get some training. I drove a straight truck for 7 accident free and ticketless years. I know I need to go the class B route with hazmat to get started. Just looking maybe to find a good fleet owner to take a look.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Expediting companies don't require training if you can pass a road test . Stay away from cargo vans . There are too many of them . Things are pretty slow with straight trucks also . Contact FedEx Custom Critical or Panther for info on fleet owners .

4. K4EMP

K4EMP Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Arden,NC
    Ether Express-1 or Prestige Expediting they should be able to help. Only problem is getting the guy at Prestige to return phone call's or E-mails.

5. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Most cargo vans owners want there driver to pay for fuel and tolls,60/40.Time you put out you come home less than $450 if your lucky.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    teddy_bear6506 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.