Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) (My Journey)

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Lantern, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Urban_Hillbilly81

Urban_Hillbilly81 Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    Lackey And mr bob are the bomb!!! I went there when they were on the old pad god i hated that pad! Be glad you didnt get suckered in by CTL god that is one crappy company to work for! I just interviewed with fed ex so hopeing to get on with them. if not i may try roehl or head to texas and drive tankers out there. Does roehl have a tanker or flatbed division?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Roehl does have a flatbed division. I don't know if they are hiring out of Jacksonville area for it though. I wouldn't see why not though because the state above us they hire flatbedders out of.

4. Urban_Hillbilly81

Urban_Hillbilly81 Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Jacksonville FL
    ehh trucking companies are weird like that.

5. Lantern

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    So just keepin y'all updated I'm still pretty happy out here. Solo is a whole new world to. You are by yourself in every little decision you make. And I've make some poor ones that really turned me around but you learn from your mistakes. To any new person reading this.. Know this. It's not what you know. It's what you don't know. Over confidence will hurt ya

DocFrank Thanks this.
  6. Lantern

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    For anyone who would like to keep updated on my whereabouts I have made a blog. Provide feedback if you feel there is something I need to change.

http://youngtruck.com/

7. Lyle

Lyle Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Florida
    Hey lanttern like your thread, i am in the 1st night class that has been offered at FCCT it is kind of takeing a long time 16 weeks but its great. My Instructor Is Mr. Bob he really know his stuff. Anyway from reading on here i have also chosen to sign onto Roehl. I graduate May 4 and will be in Elleenwood May 7. Im pretty happy right now maybe we will cross paths and share some FCCT stories. Have a good one

8. Lantern

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Lyle, glad you are liking FCCT. It is a great course with great instructors.16 weeks is a bit long I do agree, but hey if you work during the day to support your family or saving money for this adventure it is the best option. Sucks you are based out of Ellenwood (understandable why) just getting a decent truck from ellenwood right out of the gate might be abit difficult. Hopefully you won't run into that like I did. Roehl is a great company to work for.. It may seem like they turn and burn you through orientation and limited time out on the road with the trainer, but you will come out after fully getting out of training why they do it.

9. TomInFL

TomInFL Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Jacksonville,FL
    Cool post. My sister in law went to the same school and like it

10. Lyle

Lyle Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Florida
    Do i get to pick the truck or do they just say here ya go. Saw pic of ur first truck Lantern um that thing looked well used. So what does there driving test look like for Roehl, Cheryl my recruiter says i have to take one when i get there and one when i come back after being with the trainer. Also you still liken it there, they keep ya moving?

11. Lyle

Lyle Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Florida
    Oh and also Lantern what does Roehl let you do for idleing for A/C and Heat when you are parked for 10, or 34?? do you just have to tough it out or what??

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.