FLYING K Garage in Ayr, Ontario

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by oshawasue, Jul 6, 2018.

1. oshawasue

oshawasue Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Canada
    PLEASE don't use this garage!
    My husband decided to try them out this week, as he was having some issues... They gave him a quote over the phone of about $2,000...and he said OK, to go ahead with the work... they called back, and said there was something else that needed to be done..and it'd be an extra $5,000... He said OK, go ahead.,...
    Well... today they said they were ready for him to come pick up the truck... over $10,000 bill! :eek:

He wanted an explanation of the extra charges, and the young man didn't seem to know what he was doing (or care)... Hubby was frustrated, and just wanted to get out of there, so he paid the bill, and THEN they told him to "sign this" (an invoice you normally sign BEFORE the work is done, saying you agree to the work and the price. Well, nope, he said he wasn't going to sign it, because he NEVER agreed to that price. He asked for his keys, and just wanted to leave...

He went to get into his truck... and his dashboard had been completely pulled apart! Pieces were dangling...
    They put it back together, and he went to drive off... (I was following in another vehicle)... I heard gas/air leaking, and saw the truck rocking side to side... Hubby motioned he had to turn around..and he went back into the service bay... BECAUSE HE HAD NO BRAKES!!!!! (he had brakes when he brought his truck in)... they fixed the brakes, and we went off on our way... EXCEPT...

As we entered the highway... he realized his speedometer is broken. Now he's left wondering what else could possibly be screwed up....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Ouch! I guess you are not one of their preferred customers

4. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    You authorized 5 grand over the phone to a shop you have no history with? Sorry, but that’s your fault.

d281833 Thanks this.
  5. Trkr3529

Trkr3529 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2016
    What was the original repair for? Seems weird they backed off the brakes but also tore apart the dash, I don't see how the two of them would be related

6. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Flying K garage! KTG Kooner Transport Group! Just by observing the way their drivers operate and some of the junk they run on the highway should be reason enough to avoid their shop.

7. oshawasue

Nov 17, 2014
    Canada
    Trkr3529... He was having problems with coolant leaking, and air leaking... he's been to other mechanics, and they were stumped. They assumed he was due for new fuel injectors and caps, but they couldn't guarantee that would fix the problem (previous garages)

8. oshawasue

Nov 17, 2014
    Canada
    well, they said what they were going to do specifically...and hubby does have some knowledge of mechanics. He was too trusting they wouldn't wouldn't do other stuff.
    It's not like he could run back and forth, the garage is 2 hours+ away from home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.