FMCSA considering electronic IDs for all trucks

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by valerchekk, Sep 24, 2022.

1. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    CA22D357-40B7-4ABC-ACA9-0E6A926631A9.jpeg

After you’ve stopped and they run your numbers and also see that your truck isn’t a total pile they could just let you go instead of spending an hour looking for something to write you up for. That would do just as much to end unnecessary inspections on clean carriers as a transponder would.

Boondock, Blue jeans, MACK E-6 and 8 others Thank this.
  4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Isn't technology great !!!!

Boondock and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    CVSA said a unique ID “would transmit only information that is already required to be displayed or made available by regulation.

Why doesn't the CVSA and the FMCSA connect the dots in their computers. We already submitted the paperwork to various agencies.
    Easy enough to have RFID chips on our equipment for passive Identification.
    I don't like the idea of using ELDs to identify equipment. Too much information to be hacked.

CVSA Releases 2022 International Roadcheck Results

Passive equipment ID doesn't inspect the drivers or the trucks physical condition.
    How many Road check violations are common every day?

6. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    You're using logic. You're not supposed to do that. You're supposed to bend your knee to the god of safety and beg for security loss of liberty brings. We all know this is about control.

Boondock, Blue jeans, MACK E-6 and 6 others Thank this.
  7. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    The weigh stations don’t take photos and track every rig with their cameras that can document and read the numbers on the side , and with the license plate readers ?

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The NTSB, board of directors no longer has ANY pilots. Besides being donors to political candidates, the most advanced license held by anyone on the board is Moped operator. I'm not joking.

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Only if they discover you posted WrongThink to your twitter account.

10. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I guess as a driver it will become a gamble getting into a truck that may be carrying with it the baggage of a previous driver.

Boondock and tscottme Thank this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The way I understand this, is they are basically switching your paper documents, Into an electronic "I'd" to make it faster and better for everyone involved... I don't see what's wrong with that?

This industry could do away with the amount of unnecessary paperwork that could easily be filed electronically.

For those that think this is bad and about control I'm curious, how you think this could be used against us ?

12. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I take it you're a fan of ELDs? All they did was take away the "hassle" of laborious paper and replace it with liberty, freedom and privacy removing electronics.

How about voting machines? All they did was take away the über hard work of that oh so heavy paper and make it electronic so it's easier to handle. Look where that has gotten us.

All these little steps add up to a very big step or end goal. Each little crack eventually opens a cavern. This pattern is painfully obvious to anyone that's been paying even the smallest amount of attention.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.