Following The GPS...SMH

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Oct 23, 2020.

1. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    If they (Anyone) are not going to look at a map and have a written route, they should at least have some idea how roads work.. This driver left on HWY 53... right at the south fenceline of the DC, 53 heads east... HWY53 is a WIDE two lane road with nice shoulders.. At this turn, HWY 53A keeps going south,.. its a VERY narrow two lane, no shoulders and if you are looking ahead, you can see that it also makes a ridiculous hard right into the tiny town. Had the driver just stayed on the correct highway.. he wouldn't have time traveled back to the 20th century.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Well, if you do use the PROPER routing program and, most importantly, APPLY COMMON SENSE. Most can do just fine without a paper map. That said, I commonly drag out my trucker atlas for all sorts of reasons. Also, I have a slight advantage over most in this respect. I was a map maker for over 20 years, although the maps I made dealt with water resource issues and not road stuff. But, still, I'm pretty good with a road map too!!!! (o:

Bud A. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.