Fontaine Revolution Hybrid

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by KenworthGuyNH, Dec 29, 2011.

1. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    That WLL is per each.

brsims Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Appreciate it, SMTatham!

4. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Did the floor look like this? If so, they won't hold up to hauling coils. The trailer in the pic is 1 of 7 that was made a few years ago that a friend bought to try for Fontaine. His floor was caving in where he loaded coils and he hauls very few. I'm pretty sure they addressed this issue with newer ones, but I'd be sure to ask and make sure.

The trailer also has no crossmembers.

Attached Files:

• 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      174.1 KB
      Views:
  5. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH
    The floors look like this. Crossmembers are integral in the floor structure; built like a box with no exposed crossmembers underneath. If you look at Fontaine's website it illustrates it better than I can describe it. And all the ones I have seen are holding up fine with coils; let's hope that was a pre-production model he was testing!!

Attached Files:

6. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    I did see one guy who had a piece of steel covered with old carpet. It had hooks attached and would hang it on the rub rail for the forklift to hit.

7. Fire Ball

Fire Ball Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Bangor, PA
    I love my fontaine so far. I have the hybrid step since April 2011. The only issue ive had was a mudflap hanger broke at the weld. Fontaine only asked for an emailed pic and they sent me 3 sets. Only thing was they weren't painted. As far as rub rails I had a forklift operator get the lip of the mast stuck on the rail. He pulled the whole lift off the ground and sat there with the tires spinning till I turned an yelled at him. Nothing bent or broke. And that was one of those big lumber lifts. Tires are wearing great about 80,000 miles so far still plenty of tread.

Big John and SMTatham Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.