Food Advice for Poor Brand New Trucker ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DARKNIGHTRUCKER, Jun 2, 2020.

1. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    You never know.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    This is the perfect diet food. Because no matter how hungry I am I ain't eating Huey, Dewey or Louie.

4. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    I used an instapot for warm foods. Ate keto, saved a lot of money and could hold 3-4 weeks worth of food in the fridge. Lost weight and saved money. Get a kingpin lock and you can drop your trailer and bob tail to just about any grocery store.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yeah, and it spreads from French kissing.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    My buddy that was in the Air Force was in the process of a K-1 Visa and waiting on the interview; now all that's on hold.
    The former Navy guy has a wife there and waiting on a K-2 Visa, but that's on hold also.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    As one other driver mentioned skip the microwave and go for the toaster oven. It’ll run 100 bucks for one big enough to do a frozen pizza but you can cook most anything in them.

Try cooking steak in the microwave.

Attached Files:

tarmadilo Thanks this.
  8. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Til you get funds up
    I’d say go with pbj’s, cheese/ peanut butter crackers, fruit cups, apple sauce. Cases of water.

when you get funds up I’d invest in a fridge if they don’t have em in the truck. And yes pull off in to Walmart for stops. I mean you have to take a 30 anyway and your the one that gonna be living in that truck... they don’t want you comfortable then they can find another driver.
    But when I got a fridge I would always get deli sliced meat for about 5 days and fruit. I opted to just have sammiches and chose 1-2 days out the week to order something hot off DoorDash... if I was in a city I was rarely in I’d try something local.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Be careful parking at Walmart. Look for tiny signs hidden that say "No Truck Parking."
    You go inside Walmart to shop and when you return, your truck is gone; it's been towed.
    Tow bill might be between $3,000.00 and $8,000.00 and sometimes the tow companies will put a boot on your truck while you're sitting in it then charge $150.00 to as high as $600.00 to remove the boot.
    Other places do the same, such as strip malls and grocery stores and closed gas stations.
    Some of those places have spotters watching for trucks to park, then they call the tow company when you park. The spotters get paid very well, sometimes $100.00 or more for each truck they report.

10. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I shop at HEB in Tx , they have ready made gourmet meals for $6 to $8 bucks a pop . These are fresh meals delivered daily , very healthy and filling . I usually grab 3 meals , and some fruit. Also a day before I hop on the road I bbq at home , sometimes its steak and Sausage and sometimes Hamburgers and grilled mushrooms. The wife will whip up some mash potatoes or veggies. We purchase disposable plastic containers , or you can use them a couple times . I'm usually good for 5 to 7 days worth of food depending , I'm normally on the road for 10 days at a time so a stop in between at Wallyworld to grab supplies is normally in order .
    I know some ppl survive off of noodles and can meat and maybe a 2 litres of soda and chips , the salt content alone over along period is enough to kill you.

austinmike Thanks this.
  11. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    find out what you like and add up the numbers, if your trying to save money its all just numbers. spend a dollar a day on food and you spend 352 dollars to eat a year. just numbers. depends if your priority is food or saving money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.