Food Advice for Poor Brand New Trucker ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DARKNIGHTRUCKER, Jun 2, 2020.

1. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    When I'm on the road I live on hard boiled eggs, natural peanut butter, unsalted peanuts and the occasional rotiserie chicken from Walmart. Sometimes the problem is parking at the Walmart, as some of the newer ones are fire laned excessively.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    You don't want to eat stuff with sugar and carbs. So even fruits are not the best choice because the have so much sugar. Fatty foods make you feel full but you want healthy fats. Bacon is good to eat stuff made with Avocado Oil are good or coconut oil. You can buy avocado mayo it good. It not cheap and it tastes a little different. Google Sir Kensington Avocado mayo it about $7 a jar but it's healthy. The national brands sell Avocado mayo but they trick people because it very little Avocado Oil in the jar.

If people like beef Jerky or Slim Jims but want the thing that healthy. 100% Grass Fed Beef Sticks

If people like soda and we all know how bad that is for us, their is healthy soda. You can find it a grocery store. It's sugar free and no carbs or low carbs. It taste sweet because the make it Stevia. But it not sugar, we can eat stuff with Stevia and it won't spike blood sugar. It not as sweet at regular soda but it close. Grape ZEVIA probably their best soda or lemon lime or the Cream. Zevia Rainbow Soda Variety Pack

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    If you stop at Petro truck stop the fuel island cooks porkchops and you can get two vegetables for like $9 it healthy, no sugar or carbs

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    So ... You're going to have water with those Cheerios?

6. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Ok, stop.

A small portable charcoal grill is $30. $5 for a bag of charcoal, and less than $10 for a spatula & tongs. Id pay double that to never have to worry about eating microwave steak.

tommymonza and austinmike Thank this.
  7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Park out back near the truck area. I haven't met one single Walmart employee who gives a F where a semi is parked if the driver is inside shopping and not blocking anything.

8. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I think his point is that you can broil a steak nicely in a toaster oven.

mud23609 Thanks this.
  9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I’ll pass :biggrin_25513:

10. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Way different. I can cook a #### good steak in the oven, so a toaster oven wouldn't be any different.

Zapping a steak in the microwave...bleh.

tarmadilo Thanks this.
  11. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    I try to park legally, but when I can't technically park legally, I just put on the flashers and be quick about it. The WM I'm referring to is in Buckeye, AZ and there is no where to really park where you're not in the way. It's like no extra space what so ever was allocated in the outside design of that place.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.