Food/Beverage Lies Rant

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by STexan, Jan 13, 2017.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Just watched a Wendy's commercial on TBS. Something to the effect of "our hamburger patties are cooked from fresh, and never frozen". WTH? A few weeks ago a hauled a load of Wendy's beef patties from Vernon up to a food service distributor up near Portland .... was a Frozen load.

BTW, there are more than a few "beef patty" producer/packaging plants in the LA area. I guess they are using imported beef? Because I don't notice a lot of live beef cows coming across Tejon or Cajon summits into the LA area. And I don't recall seeing any livestock haulers going in/out of any of these "beef patty" plants in the LA/Vernon area. SMH

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Also, this has recently been called out and corrected ...

Coors Light used to always say "brewed with pure rocky mountain spring water" and otherwise leaving people to believe Coors Light was all brewed in Golden, CO, when this was far from true given Coors Light was brewed all over the nation.

BTW and FWIW, Coors original "Banquet Beer" is all brewed in Golden, CO

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
  5. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    The load you hauled was not supposed to be frozen! You best hope Wendy does not file a cargo claim! Remember it is always the truckers fault even when it is not.

[/QUOTE]

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Maybe there is a lone Wendys store somewhere that has a beef kill plant out back and they do in fact serve fresh beef, and as such they can make the ad claim like they do???

The distributor was satisfied with the -10 set temperature recorder data because I can remember waiting the 20 minutes or so after they locked me in for them to get QC approval to pull the load off.

7. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
  8. arrogant steve

arrogant steve Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2016
    East Texas
    I haul a lot of loads that eventually make it to these fast food companies, usually delivering to mclane and the like. The fresh never frozen beef is usually set at 28 degrees. Although technically frozen, meat at that temp is still considered chilled. I've come to the conclusion that is how frozen meat is called fresh never frozen.

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    "Fresh unprocessed beef"? Yes, this is kept right at/below freezing until it can arrive at the grocery story for cutting and retail packaging or the food processor until they do whatever it is they are going to do with it. But these were "processed" patties in 100 count cases (labeled "Wendys"), no doubt flash [deep] frozen and stored frozen and shipped frozen. (-10f)

It seems one of them (Burger King or McDonalds maybe) pre-cooks their "fresh" patties in a middle level processing facility, then refreezes them before sending them on to the stores to be thawed and reheated however they do that. But the thing is, those "fresh patties" too were shipped from the packing/processing plant to the mid-level "cook facility" deep frozen as well.

10. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    My first job was working at Wendy's. The patties were frozen.

Also, the large coffee at McDonald's has a false bottom.

Metallica88 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  11. scottlav46

scottlav46 Road Train Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Escanaba, MI
    Gasp!!!!!

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.