Food Delivery Robots does this make you worry

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Shackdaddy, May 20, 2022.

1. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2021
    Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    They keep saying robot trucks are right around the corner. But those are the same people who have had almost 35yrs to make computer controlled engines run right consistently… I thought Boeings computer controlled planes flying hundreds of people into the ground would have been enough to put an end to that whole techie wet dream, but apparently not.

4. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    They can't be any worse than the trash we have now. At least robots won't be tossing urine and bags of their feces on the parking lot.

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well maybe not urine and feces, but maybe used up batteries..???

6. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Covered in oil...

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    although funny failures, they are still in the infancy stage. as with anything else, they will improve. thing here though, is the operating area of the country. large inner cites, or suburban, or farmland/country.

too many variables in each location, and for sure, wrecked robots more so in the inner cities, with the punks, thugs stealing, and destroying them.

there will be a day, when (if any of us are still living), we will look back at these follies, and say out loud, "i didn't think it would ever work".....

8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Platooning will happen long before full on autonomous trucks, at least I hope it will.

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    With this scenario, if robots take over order taking, preparation, delivery, and robots take over OTR trucking, where are the humans suppose to work to be able to buy anything? Social Security at age 18???

10. Warrior Pump

Warrior Pump Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2015
    The article made me think of this line from The Big Bang Theory.

Today, it’s a Chinese food retrieval robot. Tomorrow, it travels back in time and tries to kill Sarah Connor. - Sheldon Cooper

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    :laughing-guffaw:Yeah, maybe, until the power goes out from too many electric cars. Hey, if they are anything like Bender, it could save this industry, "Bite my shiny metal axx",,

12. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    My fear is they are going to leave a lot of dead bodies all over the place. I trust computers roughly half the distance I could throw one, and I’ve yet to see anything that involves one that didn’t #### up regularly. A computer controlled toaster only burns the toast when it ####s up, and it will. A computer driven truck has micro-chip meltdown at 100’/sec it’s not going to be so easy to clean up, and they will, probably even more than the people they have sitting in there steering now do. There’s no end of potential for #### ups as soon as you turn a computer on.

JoeyJunk, Shackdaddy and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.