Food service Buffalo NY, any information on them?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, May 2, 2019.

1. Buffalonytrucker92

Buffalonytrucker92 Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    Does anyone have any information on Sysco or us foods in Buffalo NY? Sysco advertise top wages at $77,000 which I thought they made more. Not trying to sound selfish. And us foods is offering a $3500 sign on bonus and they say they have a pension.

If you were to choose one to work for who would it be? I currently work at bakemark and it's food service but I del to bakeries and distribution centers. my current schedule is two overnights a week and their both in Pennsylvania. One is Pittsburgh and the other is the outskirts of pa.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
  4. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    I work for us foods in Missouri I would say since they have a pension they are union. It's all the same work we just drive different colored trucks. We have had guys go to sysco and had guys come from sysco and say its about the same. I would be asking both places how long you would be at the bottom before a route and which ever is less wait is who I would pick. When you run seniority board a little seniority means a lot more than u think.

jmz and Buffalonytrucker92 Thank this.
  5. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

I don't mind working the crap routes. I delt with the same thing working at Pepsi. They we're union their also and it absolutely sucked in the beginning but perseverance goes along way.

I do food service now but I could always picture myself working at these two companies. The pension is very attractive to me. And what do you think about the Sysco advertise pay? I thought they paid well over $77k

6. Cardfan89

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    Just depends down here I would say that's right but our cost of living is a lot lower than yours. It could be the average route pay. Or route pay at a 40 hour week. Since I dont work for them I dont really know how they operate you might try the sysco Facebook driver page and ask them guys.

Buffalonytrucker92 Thanks this.
  7. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

Yea I'll have my wife check Facebook. For being 26 I hate technology and have trouble with it. She had to teach me how to use my touch screen phone. I was happy with my flip phone ha. But I have another question. Coca-Cola is hiring and they told me $20-$25 an hour. Would you do that job for that pay? I'm torn at the moment cause I'm currently injured. Screwed up my back.

8. Cardfan89

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    I did beer for 5 years and been in the food game for 5 and I'll say this I like the work and pay a lot better with food. If it was me I wouldn't do coke I'll take grumpy chiefs over disgruntled Walmart receivers or wacked out 711 clerk.

Mike2633 and Buffalonytrucker92 Thank this.
  9. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    Yea I remember the Pepsi days. Plus Management was horrible there. Bunch of immature losers. I'm just trying to find something with decent $$ and great benefits and retirement benefits

10. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York
    Mike! I love reading all of your posts and and experiences. What should I do sir?

Cardfan89 and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.