For All You Truckers, What would You Like?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by DoubleDear, Feb 17, 2009.

1. DoubleDear

DoubleDear Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Harrisburg PA
    For all you Experienced Truckers.,,

If something could be done for you , or ,

you would like to see a change of something for Truckers ,( besides more money and getting you a new truck),

What would it be??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I'd personally like to see paid DOT required breaks become a standard for all large companies.

I'd like to see diesel return to being cheaper the gasoline, there has to be a better way to achieve funds for road repair since as I recall the funds for road repair dried up last year, obviously the fuel tax idea is not working as planned. I also don't think car drivers pay NEARLY their fair share on that and are more wasteful in how they use fuel.

It drives me nuts when people take the car to go to a neighbors house, you live like 1200 feet away, WALK! It won't kill you.

/rant

4. ship71021

ship71021 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Louisiana
    I would like for me and my fellow truckers to be given more respect from not only the motoring public but also shippers, receivers and even our own companies. It's so much bs but we deal with it daily

DoubleDear, Stroked F550 and ric1jud Thank this.
  5. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I would like to see brokers' take limited to 8% and none of the FSC.

I would like full disclosure on rates posted so that we'll all know what the receiver is paying.

I would like CARB to take a very long walk off a very short pier.

Stroked F550 Thanks this.
  6. Stroked F550

Stroked F550 Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2008
    somewhere
    What Ron said +

four wheelers to be more understanding to the needs of truckers on the roads (i.e. not cutting in fronting of them and then slamming on the brakes)

faster speed limit for the hwys in CA 65 mph in city's then 70mph or 75 mph in rural areas.

engines that could get 10 mpg not matter what the load

diesel no more then $1/ gal

7. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Tickets for four wheelers being dangerous around big rigs with obscenely high fines that make CA truck fines look cheap. Hell if they'd enforce them they could pay the entire 1 trillion dollar debt off in like a month with as many times as the four wheelers break the laws of the road.

I believe there was a law going into effect stating that the FSC had to be passed fully onto the person whom is paying for the fuel.

As for full disclosure on the pay, defiantly want to see that happen.

Wiseguywireless Thanks this.
  8. GAPrincess

GAPrincess Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2009
    One complaint I have heard from my trucker bf is that the trucks aren't properly maintained. He's a certified diesel mechanic so a lot of things he can fix himself on the road if he can get the parts. The few times he has had to go to a regional terminal for repairs they either don't have enough mechanics or don't have enough qualified mechanics and basic things have to be ordered. Either way he ends up losing anywhere from 5-10 days. :biggrin_25516: Or he ends up doing the work himself so he knows it's done correctly. :biggrin_25510:

9. 1nonly

1nonly tease-y-ness

Jul 2, 2008
    The burning sands of the SW
    More parking..................... I should add safe to this.

More safe parking.

10. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Companies like Swift, JB Hunt, and others like them not getting gov. pay backs. So that they are on the same playing field as the smaller companies, Plus that they be held to the same standards as smaller companies.

DoubleDear Thanks this.
  11. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    I would like to see drivers have more human rights than are givin to animals. IE when its hot or cold let me run my air or heat but cant unless I have some kind of animal in the truck with me....another thing I would like to see is this GLOBAL Warming scam go away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.