For illness type of things to intake.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Oldironfan, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Starting this because of my learning of things that help me out when ill.
    Most things for being sick I've found for myself to help. Disclaimer I am not a medical expert. The fact every person needs a disclaimer before everything we print anywhere is just obserd. Anyhow.
    Found 3 day fasting seems to help.
    Take vitamin c
    Take Echinacea
    Take turmeric. I swear this used to be called turmeric.
    Take bee pollen.
    Take or eat, or drink, as much green food as possible.
    Probiitics are a good addition.
    A quality multi vitamin is good also.
    Drink lots of water. I drink distilled. Some say I'm crazy.
    I think I've been living with cellulitis for the last few years. But not been properly diagnosed. I was great in hospital a few years ago for mrsa 4 day in patient services. Pumped full of antibiotics. I'm still not thinking that was totally justified but I'm not a doctor. Than a year later given some other sulfa antibiotic for a rash and ended up being allergic to which gave me a full body rash, tiredness. I could not stay awake and do my job driving. Along with a differnt antibiotic clindamycin. I have not touched an antibiotic since then. But I seem to be getting some more skin issues on my leg areas as right now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I started on a new kick a week ago because my gout was out of control, having attacks weekly that was taking me down, but I started taking a small slice of Turmeric, boiling some water, mixing both in a glass and drinking it. Have not had a cold drink for a week but pain is gone and all movement is back in foot,. It is the most unscientific approach but it is working so far..knocking on wood real hard.

4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Gout is the worst - I still keep old Indomethacin handy just in case.

5. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Isn't gout just caused by to much uric acid build up?

6. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    No Gout is from being to rich and eating rich foods, it is a curse for being successful, but really gout is having compromised kidneys, everyone has them uric acid crystals in them and since my kidneys have been compromised I get this joy, had it for 20 + years and this is the first time I have not had a attack in a week. have to drink lots of water and pee a lot.

7. pmdriver

Nov 14, 2017
    And I am not rich, that gout put me in hell, I could not walk, could not sleep, all the doctors did was throw pills that started to make other crap go wrong so I had to learn how to start rebooting the kidneys, also had to give up high fructose corn syrup which is in almost everything, but there are many of us out here with this problem, got in on a study group and there is many females that have this condition and the youngest I have heard of is 12 years old.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Check out juice fasting.

9. Ribeye

Ribeye Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Yes, it is a very painful problem. Under microscope those acid crystals look like tiny knife daggers, and they basically stab into whatever part of body where they accumulate. Are you on any meds now for it? Allopurinol is one of cheaper but effective drugs they use. My Dad and brother had/have it, I never thought I'd get it, but it turns out I do after enduring years of knee pain, just sitting driving, and using clutch when backing, crazy. Pills help reduce amount of that acid in body, really helped me.

10. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    (The disclaimer; I am a hillbilly redneck, tough as nails, and this might kill a lesser specimen. Your risk.)

Right on with the Vitamin C. Saw video of lab petri dishes with cold virus, put this on, and - dead, but dead.
    I have a big bottle like a 1 lb. size, maybe 2 pint bottle of powder.
    when I feel cold or flu effects of any sort, I get that out.
    A dosage is 1/2 level teaspoon; that's 1,250% the MDA. (I don't care what their "Allowance" is.)
    Mix it in juices, or I just wet it like 5 tablespoons of water and chug it. I make sure I coat my tonsils
    like I'm gargling it, then swallow it. Medical community says any extra you just piss out. Whatever.

Tried another experiment with amazing results.
    I hate it when you get the sniffles; your nose just runs and runs - from your system trying to flush a virus.
    I put like the size of a pencil eraser on tip of teaspoon, and you guessed it, I snort it up each nostril.
    Now before you go all crazy about this - people snort worse stuff. Slight burn, but not real discomfort.
    This is for good, not a high. (If you try this; see first if yours is "Burny" - mine, not so much.)
    So, the good part is, If I do this weird protocol, in less than an hour, My nose has stopped running.
    In fact, for the rest of the day, it is as dry as a desert. Done this for around 10 years now.

Please excuse the first sentence, it is a legal requirement in case some girly man snorts 3 tablespoons of the stuff and has a coronary; no chance of that, however. "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"/sarc.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Distilled water is extremely bad for you. Why you ask? It sucks nutrients and stuff from your body. You've heard of water intoxication? Happens quicker the more water you drink or the less nutrients that water has dissolved into it. Distilled water has none.

InTooDeep and Oldironfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.