For the love of God, just say no!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dino soar, Jul 20, 2021.

1. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Wife's uncle treated the family on his 70th to a Harbor dinner cruise. Park right on the pier, close to the Intrepid's pier.

Filet Minion and only a butter knife. Most tender Filet I ever saw.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    There are things once seen that cannot be unseen.
    I have found these fabled northeast lands to be general overall #### holes.

Took a load of chemicals to someplace in one of those states that's about the size of my yard and there was this tiny truckstop. ( Probably cause it bordered the states around it ).

This was like 12 or 13 years ago.

It was $15 to park there, dirt, had a little store. In the parking lot were someone's home made maxi-pads out of paper towels.

My best advice to everyone is take your scissors and just cut that section east of The Hudson off of your Atlas.

4. staceydude

staceydude Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2020
    Lol, I am convinced that 90% of modern Truckstop’s are actually third world countries placed here to remind us of what the real apocalypse will look like. The other 10% are okay for now… but only a few shoddy truckers away from being in the other 90%.

Some of the filthiest animals on the planet are not in the wild… they are at Loves, TA, and Flying J…

I have found myself often looking up truck stops near where I am planning on stopping than worrying about food. My last trip out it paid off, did a 34 hour at a good one in Georgia. No piss bottles or trash in the lot. Quite amazing. Tend to stay at smaller independents and or rest areas when possible. Literally makes the day much better. We know it is not the average O/O out there trashing the places but I bet some are also involved.

5. Northeast Hillbilly

Northeast Hillbilly Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2020
    Are truck stops the canary in the coal mine? You can judge how low society has stooped based on the conditions of the local truck stop.

6. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Lol, that's funny!

You know I remember years and years ago when I did have to go to truck stops. I went into a ta probably somewhere in California, in the morning time maybe 7 or 8 a.m..

When I walked into the men's room there was just this odor, and it was packed with what seemed to be very large odiferous individuals.

What really got me was the 300 lb guy standing in front of the sink. He had no shirt on and was completely covered in fur. Yes he was completely fully Hairy all over his entire body like Sasquatch.

It was quite a sight watching him give himself a bird bath in the sink and scrubbing those nasty hairy underarms.

I'm not kidding you when I tell you that was probably 25 years ago and that image is just burned into my mind...

Something like this but he was much hairier and much fatter:

download (2).jpeg

staceydude and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  7. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    It aint just truck drivers... Saw a family in a diesel pickup getting fuel at the truck fuel islands... Both boys (probably 10 to 12 years old) were standing in the middle of empty fueling lane next to them squirting the asphalt... I had to wait for them to finish in order to pull in to get fuel.

8. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    See that's something else that I don't get. Why on Earth would someone do something like that?

If I really have to go I have a 5 gallon bucket that I keep in my truck and I have 13-gallon trash bags that I can line the bucket with.

Carry baby wipes and Lysol wipes and Lysol spray and take that bag out and put it into another bag and dispose of it somewhere neatly. It is just a trash bag - put it in the trash.

I think that every school and every orientation should add toilet training and trash disposal to the curriculum.

alds, kylefitzy, black_dog106 and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Someone puts a piss bottle on my truck and I’m gonna get real upset.
    I don’t like germs at all, I can deal with dirt, grease, fuel etc but bodily fluids and me don’t get along.

jason6541 Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    carry a jug.??

driver, i have witnessed MANY drivers, opening the window, or door, and pouring out that jug, on the pavement.

a good rainstorm, will wash away much of that odor......

slow.rider Thanks this.
  11. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I try not to need a bottle, but there’s always that one customer on my run that won’t let anyone use the restroom.
    Sometimes I feel like I should piss all over their office door.
    When it comes to piss jugs please dump them into a grassy area far away, or throw directly into a dumpster.
    Seen one poor sap emptying the cans and he got piss all over his hands. Yuck

Dino soar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.