For those that never had a bingo card

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Old Man, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    From the “good” old days. These were to register your authority with the state’s, not all required it.

F7553E95-6F29-45CF-A9EB-64D43F150F9E.jpeg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I see a definite lack of northern states,, I was a regional driver then, Wis. Ill, Mich., so we went over the same scales everyday. I don't ever remember having to show it to an officer.

650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  4. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Flashback Wed....lol
    If I wasn't on lockdown I'd go grab pics of my waffle plates.
    But not sure if I remember what box their in.....

650cat425, Vic Firth, baha and 3 others Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    As long they were in the truck it's fine. But not too many times they were looked at.

Usually they were interested in the stickers outside on the truck.

650cat425 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    In addition to the waffle plate on the front, don't forget at least 20 fuel decals all over one or both doors or side compartments, if you ran 48 states.

7. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Don't forget the 20$ bill in the bingo card for NM "overweight" LOL

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you know.??

i cannot recall ever being asked for mine either.

log book (sometimes) and it was always up to date, and maybe my bills (to check for weights).

650cat425, D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I think the one time the permit bag was brought out of the truck was when PA lawman wanted to know if there was anything in there for PA. The outside sticker had fallen off due to weather, but left the imprint behind which was no good.

Truck had the papers for PA well enough but citation was written so boss had to get a new PA sticker for it. The only reason I remember that one is because that was one of I think two or three times that bag has been brought out of there.

Now in the past very early in trucking until I learned the bag would be opened and the DOT man would go through it looking for this and that and then mini school. This is insurance, this is registration. Got it? Generally newbies were given that lesson. (I was once.)

They teach how to drive but very little to nothing about papers in those days. It becamse something we always checked as part of the pretrip, particularly with a new truck. FFE had to issue or reissue permits and so on. But those Bingo Cards were not very long. I think by my third year they were all gone. If I recall right it was the IFTA sticker on the right side that took it's place.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    what i used to do, with any company that i worked for, was to list all the stamps on a yellow lined pad (legal pad) and keep that with my logbook clipboard. that way, i could check the expiration dates faster.

all other jobs, with the demise of the bingo card, i'd check them on the first of every month.

650cat425, D.Tibbitt and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No ledger pad for us in those days.

Pull the bag and go through it. Painstaking with all those little numbers, hence my thought about those itty bitty numbers. I don't have too much with them thankfully. I recall it was such a pain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.