For you that go to military bases, they are going to speed up security

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Old Man, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Going to try but it will be a slow roll out.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I've never had any problems at the medium security bases. Pull up,.. open hood, open side boxes on the trailer and tractor. Show license quick easy.

I try to avoid the high security bases. They can be a PITA,.. show all needed documentation,.. fill out this form,.. that form,.. list of ex wives and baby mommas. Wait in designated area for background check,.. rinse and repeat at the next base in order to deliver the same load that I was already probed and penetrated by the first base to deliver.

Hurst

4. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    Ya, stay way the hell away from SIAD.

5. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    That will be great for Pax River

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Aberdeen would be interesting. But we'll see.

Shortly after 9-11 we held a airshow here in Jaxville AFB and their security level was the highest for the base at that time. We passed numbers of weapons emplacements manned and so forth to and from the show for that day.

Thinking back to my depot and base days security was very simple then. But those days are gone forever.

The one sticking point for some is the necessity to enroll at 200 different installations one at a time it seems according to the PDF File.

Note, I am retired out of the trucking and hold a car license, under the real ID act I renew with the enhanced version in about a year. Without that gold star you will not be able to gain access onto a military base or federal installation such as courthouse or board domestic flights after 2020.

If you think that's serious, consider China. They now maintain a percentage of population with a socalled social score similar to credit scores. If it is too low, flying etc is all banned across the board. for these.

7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Ive been into pax river once, aberdeen twice, and never had much more than a 15 or 20 minute check in.

Now Naval weapons station Crane....yeah youll be lucky if you come out without getting your prostate groped. That place is closed up tighter than a ticks ###.

Hurst Thanks this.
  8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Exact opposite for me. I’ve been to pax 3 times this year. You have to go past the truck gate now to pass and id and wait in line (3 hours) to get checked and then go back to truck gate. Crane let me onand it was uneventful and quick

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  9. Klleetrucking

Klleetrucking Medium Load Member

Dec 11, 2010
    S.C.
    FWIW: Goose Creek,S.C., the inbound lanes appear to be in the process of being rerouted. Maybe a straight shot in from Virginia avenue.Even the super nice ladies in security didn't know (not surprising). Not a minute too soon IMO.

10. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Agreed,.. PAX River isnt too bad. I lived up in Calvert county for almost 10 yrs and had a buddy who was stationed at PAX. So when I finally got a pickup from there I was already familiar with the base.

From what I remember,.. most of the security was mainly due to the stealth planes and ordinance they had on site.

Hurst

Gunner75 Thanks this.
  11. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    I once picked up a non hazmat load at a hazmat factory took an hour to get passed security guard. Guy was 90 years old if I were a criminal I would have just taken him out and gone in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.