Forced dispatched, 2 days training, trainers with less than 3 months experience

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by TorontoTacos, Jan 9, 2020.

1. TorontoTacos

TorontoTacos Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2018

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is literally insufficient information in that article.

If a driver is of age, otherwise qualified and able to take load instructions and take off and run according to HOS etc there should be no problem until there is a problem.

I don't know the full story. Similar to the Conowingo death recently. If I wait long enough someone will make a detailed situation report available about that particular accident.

Forced dispatch has nothing to do with it. The type or quality of trainer means nothing these days. And the lack again of detail or substance in this OP's post AND in the associated article leaves nothing to work with.

4. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Why sue the company? Nobody forced those 2 "kids" to get behind the wheel.Lack of experience, fatigue or what ever the cause is completely on the driver since he chose to drive.

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I hope they investigate logs .. this company edits stuff and says keep going. They have had a few high profiles wrecks in the last few years. Maybe you remember one from rescue 401 tv show where the guy tore the whole side of the cab off rear ending slowed traffic.

6. TorontoTacos

TorontoTacos Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Ive been working here for close to one year and they edit logs, ask you to use paper logs on tight deadlines, unauthorized deducations from paycheques when you miss timelines, etc. Disgusting company taking advantage of immigrants and inviduals on work permits.

7. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Lol. What did you think they would do? They are scum bags. Go to the labour board.

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  8. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Then why are you working there a year later? :banghead:

nredfor88, Tibs pete, tinytim and 3 others Thank this.
  9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    some people fear change and because of this fear companies use and abuse them.

10. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    They've been there for a year not 20.

11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    doesn’t matter, once someone is comfortable it’s hard to Make a move. Take for example me.

my insurance agents office went through like 4 receptionists In one year, I hated talking to the new one even if I only knew the previous one for a month or two. It’s just life we all have our issues but some people won’t make the change and accept things just as they are because they think it’s the same everywhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.