Ford PRC, Romulus, MI

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by t_v, Mar 9, 2018.

1. t_v

t_v Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Detroit
    Buncha jerks.
    Every time I go there, the yard nanny is losing his mind yelling at a truck driver over union rules. I understand that every customer has different yard rules, & I have no problem following them. But when you come up screaming at me about rules nobody ever told me about, you crossed the line. Today was his last time raising his voice at me.
    And if it's not him being rude, it's someone in the dispatch office. I've had them shut the window and go on a lunch break right in front of my face before I even got a chance to say a word, & then I gotta wait for them to come back before I can pick up my load.
    And their lot is always full. I've wasted 2 hours there before just trying to find a place to drop my empty. It's a waste of my time & money.
    Never again. I called the office & let them know I'm done with that place, they told me I'm not the first. There's no call for this kind of behavior. I've never seen any other customer ever come close to treating drivers this way. I'm sure there are other rude ones out there, & I'll deal with them on a case by case basis. But I will never haul for Ford in Romulus again.

Dave_in_AZ and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's another reason why so many people hate union workers. Steel mill workers can be just as horrible as UAW members.
    Friend of mine and me were in a Teamsters place one time and were told we're not allowed to use the restrooms or vending machines unless we show a union card. I was picking up a load of Magnavox televisions and refrigerators and the union workers loading the trailers were slamming the boxes of televisions down on the concrete floor before loading them into the trailers. They're reasoning was, Magnavox is non-union.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Dave_in_AZ, bzinger and t_v Thank this.
  4. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I worked 18 years @ ABF in Indy. Not once did we disrespect a non-union driver. They had access to the same brk room/bath room we did. Most of the time we were quick to unload or load them so we could have the dock door. We did ##### about loading out freight on a non-union carrier, but we never abused the driver because of it. We also preferred to have the driver in the break/bath room or his truck. Usually on the dock the driver might get hurt because of all the traffic & tow motors. Not saying we were perfect, but in general we were to busy to mess with them. Besides, they always had freight on a skid. All ya had to do was run your lift in their load the freight or unload. Once in a while freight was on the floor & the driver would throw it on a skid. if we couldn't handle it with a forklift without tearing it up. And the bill singing ceremony was quick. Take the bills to the dispatcher & tell him it was empty or loaded. 5 ft away thru the window to the break room sat the driver & his signed bills. Most time a driver did not have enough time to catch up his logs & do a little housekeeping. Depending on what time it was on the shift we would have 2 tow motors unloading, just to free up the door for our equipment. von.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good to know all places aren't so bad. The problem with the workers, concerning the Magnavox televisons was in Evansville, IN. They also told us if we needed a rest room to go across the highway to a gas station and that once we left the property, our appointment was cancelled.
    Anyway, that's in the past and I try not to think about it.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Leave this stuff sitting on the dock !
    The tables have turned and quit bein a low paid bitsh !
    Had a do dah in Cali last week treat me like crud and told him him to pound sand find someone else to haul it ...didn't make it to the door and he had me in a dock and out in 40 minutes .
    Quit taking shat drivers !

LoneCowboy and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    That is why we avoid Ford, cheap freight and crap employees. We only mess with them when we have them over a barrel, and most times, we still do not want to do it. Their vehicles are of the same low quality.

t_v and shogun Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Sysco.

Sysco in Phoenix will shut the window in your face.

Come back after lunch.

That's when I was hourly / local and it still pissed me off.

I won't go to a Sysco now for any amount of money.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    I love the freedom I have telling someone “just sign it refused and I will take it back” when they say they don’t want it or don’t have time to take it. Especially since boxes are specific and usually only made by certain companies due to specific dies. Since the product is boxes they need to ship their product, it gives us a lot of leverage. I get held up sometimes, but not too often.

I’m sure Ford loves paying expedited rates when companies don’t want to pull their freight because of how they treat folks.

t_v and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.