Foster Farms, beware of pets

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by RustyChops41, Dec 27, 2017.

1. RustyChops41

RustyChops41 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Clovis, CA
    I was not allowed to make a delivery to Foster Farms in Livingston CA because of a pet IN THE TRUCK. I understand this is a new policy for all FF locations. What was insulting was the guards wanted me to back out (no going in just to turn around and leave), or remove my 4 lb dog from the truck, tie it to a pole or sign back on the street (32° this morning, and it's a Chihuahua), and go in to make my delivery, which I am sure would only take a mere 2-7 hours, with an appt. And they would assume no responsibility for the animal if it ran off or was picked up by local Animal Control. I get that this is their rule, and my dispatch screwed the pooch (sorry!) by sending me here, they forgot I have a pet. Just be forewarned about how rude the staff is here regarding the policy. To even suggest I would take their advice shows unmitigated audacity.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I would have dropped the trailer. That is rediculous.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I mean dropped trailer at check in. Tell them their day cab jockey can move it.

5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    could you not claim it is a service dog? dang these companies are getting more strict, no guns, no dogs, and some no other humans

RustyChops41 Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    No
    No pets at this facility should have been on the confirmation sheet and dispatcher should warn all drivers.I've been to places hat don't allow pets but the guards were cool about it and told me not to let my dog out.Never as rude as this customer was.

RustyChops41 Thanks this.
  7. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    food safety while they put all them chemicals into our food, this world is a work of art.

Aamcotrans, nax, Grubby and 8 others Thank this.
  8. RustyChops41

RustyChops41 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Clovis, CA
    The first guard did offer to have the yard goats do it, but another guard came out of the shack and said "No, we can't do that."

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I remember my buddy ran across this one time when making a delivery to the Mercedes plant in Alabama. They have a strict no pets policy and told him the same thing you were told. That he could tie his dog to the fence while he made his delivery and they were not responsible for it. Of course these pets are part of the family and no sane person would do that to family, right? He told them that they could #### off and he would leave. The problem was this load was an expedite paying big bucks and the line was supposedly about to go down. A supervisor in production waived the no pets allowed rule and was begging my buddy bring the load in to deliver. That was funny.

Big_D409, Knucklehead, Grubby and 7 others Thank this.
  10. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    There’s rats bigger than a chihuahua inside that place... I say if they ask me to be cruel to my animal image what they feed us...

11. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Dow done me that way in Freeport TX. Their guards all wear the high and tight hair cut. Wrap around shades. Use words like above my pay grade. They wanna be seals so bad. So I make the block tell Doc get in the cave don't you move. One gets in the truck to have a peak just to make sure. Gets out says to the other yea he is clean no dogs. After you load you get your final paperwork from a different little hut. Then drive by the check in station. I pulled the brakes right there let Doc out to pee. The look on their faces priceless. I wouldn't have done it but the guy was an ### to me. I merely repaid the favor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.