Foster Farms, beware of pets

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by RustyChops41, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Unfortunately this is the case at more than a few shippers and receivers. Getting to be the new norm out here. And many rate sheets will say that, no pets allowed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I use to pull a dry van and had to pick up at Boise Cascade in Deridder, LA. Same deal, they open the door and look inside. As soon as the guard started talking, Fat Kid went the hell off and started cussing the guy from her cave.

“Nope, no dogs in here...” the guard chuckled and let me in.

There ain’t no way I’d have left her in the hot sun in that kennel they had outside the guard shack. She’s more than family—I like her better than I like people. If she can’t come in, your load is not getting picked up or delivered.

Grubby, dunchues, Logan76 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    You know I don't mind that. I have boarded my Pard for a day or overnight with a vet that is close to a place like that. All I expect is if I show up and didn't recieve the memo just let me know in a professional manner. Talk to me like I'm dirt and make silly little comments you gonna get egg on your face.

Grubby, Logan76, cke and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Can see both sides to this story i think the guards did go a little over board however they may simply be following company instructions some places may have stricter guidelines when it comes to issues relating to animal diseases, sounds like the whole system failed and you should of been given proper notice of not being able to bring an animal onto their property. I wonder how they'd react to someone walking past with their dog on the outside of the compound?

Klleetrucking Thanks this.
  6. tallinthesaddle4life

tallinthesaddle4life Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2016
    AMEN !!! :biggrin_25519:

7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    So how do these places deal with bird #### all over the place?

8. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The birds are held to strict rules that ban all defecation on company premises.

I don't remember where but I went somewhere that had a no pet policy. Our instructions from our company were no pets allowed, so if you have one, keep it hidden!!! LOL I was like OMG our company is telling us this!! Of course I drive in and I'm talking to the guard and my dog is in her kennel hearing another voice so shes getting excited (she loves people) and I turned around and told her to SHHHHH the guard let me in I was like ok Lucy you gotta keep quiet!

jbatmick, Farmerbob1 and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  9. JohnGER

JohnGER Light Load Member

May 5, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    I've heard that some companies have negotiated with FF to be exempt from the rule, paying extra, or being grandfathered in.

It's like piss bottles at truck stops and receivers... a few bad owners ruin it for everyone. They can't have employees tracking dog poop/pee on their boots into a food grade warehouse, and instead of posting passive aggressive signs everywhere about not letting your pets out on their property, they just decided to ban pets all together.

10. Kecmonkey2

Kecmonkey2 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    that is hilarious! As a gate guard, I can say that some guards are exactly as described. Give them an ounce of power and they think they have tons. But sometimes, it’s not the guards making the calls. And though I try to be polite and understanding, after having to play receptionist, secretary, inspector, record keeper i am not ready to go through trying to negotiate with an irritable driver.

wore out Thanks this.
  11. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    They are rent a cop breed serve and correct you truckers

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.