Four-wheeler driver charged for road rage against trucker

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rookietrucker, Aug 27, 2009.

1. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    We had something similar to this happen to us on 380 near Iowa City, IA. We are proceeding south on 380, car next to us can't move over for merging traffic. Tatooed and pierced freak in a Lincoln coming on the ramp apparently can't read the Yield signs, because he merges in front of us at 35 miles per hour. After the car in the hammer lane passes us, because hubby has now had to hit his breaks to keep from running the freak over, we begin to pass this idiot, because he's staying at the 35mph speed that he got on at. We pass, he flips me off and proceeds to stalk us all the way to I80. Running up in front of us and slowing down, all the while flipping us off. This guy had serious road rage, and I was getting scared. He messed with us for several miles. Thought for sure he was going to cause an accident along the way.
    :biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Nope can't tolerate that crap. Had a guy in Austin get beside me. Just kept flipping me off and screaming. Waited till road narrowed for construction and just turned right into him. He went through about 10 barrels and had to pull over. Just kept on rolling. Never heard a word about it. I'm never going to be like that moron in S Central LA who pulled over and got a rock in the head. Not good driving, but sometimes a man just has to do what a man has to do.

4. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Done that in my car and tow truck before. Both times I came up on some idiot driving like a maniac, screaming at another car, cutting them off and slamming on the brakes, etc. I look in the other car and there's a worried family with scared kids in the back seat. Well, can't let that pass. I grabbed their attention, got them after me, put them right in the ditch and off I went.

Big Duker Thanks this.
  5. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Call the police, I havea video camera with me in the truck for this stuff, I've gotten two people arrested over it. And its an arrest incident not a ticket. First was in GA, video of him running on the shoulder rather then slow down and get behind us merging then break check us repeatedly for no reason, pulled over at rest area, called police, gave police tape, police nabbed him 15 miles they nabbed him WHILE we were finishing our report.

Second incident was similiar in SC, same result.

6. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Cops never cared when I called about something. I actually called for a driveoff that was about to happen once. One city didn't bother to show up and the ones that did show up tried to chew me out for calling them 50 feet out of their juristiction. I figure forget it then, they can stick to what they're good at: cleaning up the mess.

There's also stuff like this. Lotta good calling the cops did.

7. shriner75

shriner75 Heavy Load Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Minnesota, dontcha know...
    Yeah I would have not even bother stopping and would just turn on my wipers and get ready to spray the windsheild. Especially since that truck driver was pulling a tanker.

8. He Makes Me Laugh

He Makes Me Laugh Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Oklahoma

would running him over or off the road be considered self defense?

9. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I need a sticker for my truck....

"Warning: My name ain't Reginald Denny."

10. dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2007
    None of your business
    criminals cant read....

Mossberg 500 and 00 buck keep me safe.

K

11. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State

Remember when seconds count the nearest cop is only a few minutes away! I am protected by Smith & Wesson! :biggrin_25525:

shriner75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.