frac companies that hire felons??

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by rik1664006, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2015

I realize as well that I went beside the point. This is about oil and frac. To get a haz mat as a felon there is a 5 year mark and automatic disqualifying offenses like murder, treason, blowing someone's store up, etc. There are also serious offenses that are not automatically disqualifying. The TSA would review it and have to approve it. If a guy did have his haz mat ( I don't know if he needs one for frac I'm a little ignorant ) and he made it his business to get the job he wanted by knowing or talking to the people in power at that company and with persistence and looking-I believe he could get the job. And if he didn't get THAT job, it's my firm belief that with some driving experience he could get a kush cdl job somewhere making a LOT of money.

2CORIN521 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Checke this web site - helpforfelons.org/trucking-companies-hire-felons/

2CORIN521, Rubicon and pusherman Thank this.
  4. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    B/S!!!!!! There are several that will I know a guy that makes well and he has a record

5. 2CORIN521

2CORIN521 Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Texas
    #### I’m making two and three thousand a week , u don’t know what the hell ur talking about

6. Brotha D

Brotha D Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I spent two years in the Bakken. Never drove with any felons up there that I knew of, but I definitely worked for a few.

2CORIN521 Thanks this.
  7. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Most background check companies only go back 10 years, so there’s a chance it won’t even show up if older than 10 years. Companies started getting in trouble for a blanket no felonies ever policy for discrimination.

You can get your hazmat after 7 years. Can’t be on probation or anything, completely done with everything after 7 years

Rubicon Thanks this.
  8. Taylorboy1117

Taylorboy1117 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Do you know of any frac company that will take a new driver fresh out of school? I will admit I do have a felony from 2014, but I can bust my butt. I want to go to the oilfields to make more money. But from the ads that I've seen, most companies want you to have a Hazmat(which I can't get yet) and/or experience (which I dont have as a recent cdl graduate). I'm a 23 y/o from Michigan, with no kids trying to find the money trail.

9. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    To haul water you don’t need hazmat. Sand definitely doesn’t require hazmat.

I’ve never gotten hazmat and make six figures.

Oil fields are getting hot again and most companies realized they are cutting out a lot of the labor force with the no felonies ever policy.

If someone has gone 7 years and no trouble then obviously they are staying out of trouble.

Craigslist is a good place to look for the second chance companies looking to hire

2CORIN521 and Taylorboy1117 Thank this.
  10. 2CORIN521

May 2, 2017
    Texas
    I’m at about 90k to 100k gross as a felon...
    looking at becoming owner operator

11. 2CORIN521

May 2, 2017
    Texas
    Crazy how the felons ended up being the big dog!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.