Framingham, MA poland springs dedicated

Discussion in 'National Freight Inc.' started by emsummers, Jul 11, 2014.

1. emsummers

emsummers Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Has anyone driven or currently driving for NFI from Framingham, MA delivering poland springs? I am told to pick up tractor in Northborough, MA, bob tail to Framingham to get my load. Usually dnh to a store. Can anyone confirm this? Is this as straight forward as I am being told by recruiter? Is the pay really $1000-$1200 weekly? How is the equipment?
    Thanks for any information
    Elaine

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    The couple times I've seen NFI trucks on Rt. 9 they looked pretty nice. I'm actually looking into them here in VA.

4. us army 18

us army 18 Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2014
    I heard you get paid by the run only, and they are all to NYC and nj and long island. You leave late at night and always deal with contruction and coming back in morning is gw bridge and a run from framingham to jersey city will take you 11 he's cause of the traffic and the late time leaving framingham about 2:00 in the morning. And jersey city and most of them pay 156 dollars only. Its like getting 14 dollars an hr or 21 cents a mile. So if you think NYC and jersey n long island is worth it for that kind of money, and risking accidents in the boroughs of NY have fun. To me that's way to poor of a pay for a company making millions and millions yearly. They sucker you, and trust me it a at will job they keep recruiting constantly, as soon as you complain they put the next driver up, until the same pattern keeps going on and on. And your schedule is changed constantly if they say for 1:00 they usually call you and tell you for 2. And with all the traffic coming back in the mornings from NY or jersey you have to also fuel your truck at end of day . so really its like working 12 hrs for 159 dollars. And no you will not make 1100 a week. To make that you have to do a short run say to Hartford drop n hook come back and hookbtobtake a run to jersey and back. And hope you don't run out of hrs due to traffic coming back.

5. Scubasteve1434

Scubasteve1434 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Been here at NFI Framingham for almost 7 years... its mileage based pay and your pay is based off of years with the company also there are little add-ons like extra stop, shuttle pay, re-stacks, breakdown, delay..and some others.. drivers start at all hours during the day and night most start at night and then work up to days but we have some drivers that just prefer nights we have local runs under 60 miles one way and then long distance 250 miles one way everything is round trip you start and end your day in Framingham so you're home every night they usually work Monday through Friday nights start Sunday night and then end Friday morning.. usually you can work a six day if you'd like 100% drop and hook it's an easy job trucks are decent we have 10 speeds and automatics but like any place that is slip seat some trucks are better than others all in all it's not a bad place to work you just have to have an open mind in other words don't walk into the door thinking you're going to just get everything handed to you it's a seniority-based account you get what you work for I myself average $12-1300/wk gross but have had more than a few $14-1500 weeks but again I've been here for 7 years it would be tough to make that just getting in with the company as a new guy you could easily see 11-1200 if you're willing to work... that's the secret to this account if you want an easy cushy job and slack all the time you're not going to make any money and you're not going to be happy we have several guys here that have worked 20 years plus here... job can't be that bad if they're willing to stay here for 20 years but hopefully by now you're getting the drift on this account you have to work for what you want

6. mack0244

mack0244 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I know this is a long shot, but any updated info on this account? I am considering applying for this dedicated route after CDL school is finished.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.