Free app where I can pick my own route?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by hunts2much, Aug 31, 2017.

1. hunts2much

hunts2much Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Michigan
    I'm looking for a free navigation app for an Android phone that will allow me to more or less choose my own route. To my amazement I'm not finding anything...is this really that much to ask for?

I always check my route with the truckers atlas and use directions from shipper/receiver everytime. Often Google maps or any of the apps I've tried don't match up. I don't need truck specific directions or locations of truckstops or any of those kind of bells and whistles...I just simply want to create my own route to follow. If I could just drag the route to suit my needs or long press to add a stop along the way I'd be satisfied. Google maps on a desktop allows this but I either can't figure out how to do it on my phone or it can't be done...

Anybody?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    My one 20. It’s truck routes using copilot truck but allows you to drag your route. It’s free.

4. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    I use Google maps, if you zoom in it will offer you other roads usually and tell you time difference. I will also sometimes add stops as vias to get the route I want. I use it on 2 different Android devices no issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.